LEGO RACERS - CAR BUILDING CONTEST (Started)

Edwin

Welcome to the LR CBC

Have you spent hours building cars in LR's build-mode? Have you been building them since you were a kid? How about using these skills in the FIRST RRU LEGO RACERS CAR BUILDING CONTEST?

The contest has started. You can submit a car until May 31 - until midnight.

After May 31, a new topic will be created. It will contain a poll, where you can vote for the car you like the most. 

Here's how you do it:

1. You build a car in LR1. (It doesn't matter what platform the game is run on.)
  2. Screenshot it so you can see the car clearly. Take two screenshots if necessary. The driver can be in the pic. 
  3. Submit the photo as a comment on this topic.
  4. Wait for the voting topic, then vote for the car you think looks best.

If you don't want to join the contest, you can just skip to 4. In other words, anyone can vote, you don't have to submit cars to vote. 

Here are the rules:

• No mods/custom textures that affect the driver/car. 
  • Only one car submitted per person.
  • No photoshop effects or other editing (except cropping)
  • You must use the build mode in LR - not LDD, Ldraw or other building softwares. And not LR2.
  • Don't manipulate votes (somehow). This is just for fun. There is no prize. So if you cheat, you only ruin the fun. Why wake up in the morning to cheat in a LR car building contest? What's the meaning of that?
  • Don't copy other cars (from the internet). You want your own skills to represent you, right? I will double check that the winning car isn't a rip-off. 

THE CONTEST HAS STARTED! SUBMIT YOUR CARS - THE CONTEST ENDS WHEN THE DAY OF MAY 31 ENDS. 

Have fun. And I wish you the best of luck. 

16 hours ago, Edwin said:

THE CONTEST ENDs WHEN THE DAY OF MAY 25th ENDS

how about like a week from now instead that's not very much time lmao

2 hours ago, Jessietail said:

how about like a week from now instead that's not very much time lmao

Yeah good point. I'll make it longer.

Ephemeralic

Here is my horrible attempt at a good car. Building was never my talent in LR, but I certainly did try my best.

fee11c5ab970448d8ec305765c8c9d4f.pngd2b9b1a7a8c74713ab60268d682a1c7f.png

By the way, I think the idea of a building contest is awesome and I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before.

ReflectedMantis

My car I have used for almost 2 straight years for some reason...

large.FrontRight.png.d20ae812ac8a607e909f7ed8e6ab7e60.pnglarge.FrontLeft.png.9afcb1a43bc09610d1e8b31b307c1657.pnglarge.BackRight.png.31341ea3b9de4632853b66deeae2e891.pnglarge.BackLeft.png.4c1de0edc67ddf7a921d905bd53f8c64.png

Also, am I allowed to post a video showing the building process? It's fine if it is not. :)

9 hours ago, TheBerg said:

Also, am I allowed to post a video showing the building process? It's fine if it is not. :)

I think you should! Go ahead.

ReflectedMantis
10 hours ago, tomfyhr said:
11 hours ago, TheBerg said:

Ok, cool! Video is here.

Why not just embed the video into the post?

I tried, but I just couldn't get it to do so. I'm still learning about this site despite that I've been a member here since I think last July or August. This is one of the first forum sites I've regularly used, so...

Ephemeralic
Just now, TheBerg said:

I tried, but I just couldn't get it to do so. I'm still learning about this site despite that I've been a member here since I think last July or August. This is one of the first forum sites I've regularly used, so...

Usually when you pop the YT link into the post and hit enter, it should auto-embed.

ReflectedMantis
Just now, LegoRacersFanForever said:

Usually when you pop the YT link into the post and hit enter, it should auto-embed.

When I did that both the first time and just now, it tells me there is no video at the URL. I am making sure I copy the whole thing.

1 minute ago, TheBerg said:

When I did that both the first time and just now, it tells me there is no video at the URL. I am making sure I copy the whole thing.

I tried signing out of my account and it worked. Video is on my original post

I tried to make something original, something novel, something unique, something personal...

.... but I ended up just building a car from a Classic Lego Theme.

Spoilers: large images:

large.FrightKnight2.png.777adb20823f26aa           large.FrightKnight1.png.c6cde8bce17743d2

large.FrightKnight3.png.18b1c70e1f466458 

A Fright Knight in his natural habitat - breaking the game.

large.FrightKnight4.png.63da7b5fb12aada1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/7/2018 at 3:40 AM, dy_enforcer said:

I didn't even know about this. Hopefully next time if it will be there again, I will enter the competition.

Dude, I know it's been a few years, but how about you make your own contest? I really enjoyed making it but will not have time to do it. But it's fairly simple. Copy the rules from this contest, submit your own entry and then make a post with a poll.

If anyone else wants to make a contest, that would also be fine. When I created the contest, I naively kind of hoped it would be very appreciated and others would get inspired to also make contests. I'm glad so many people joined it though, I did not expect that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.