How about a LR1 Car Building Contest?

Edwin

So I'm fairly new here, right. But I was surprised to see that you don't seem to have had any LR1 building contest... Why don't we have one?

Maybe not here, in this topic right now. But if enough people would be interested, we could make a topic where people can post their best cars and we could have a poll where people vote for the coolest car.

How about that? Just tell me if you're interested, via this poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/12990090

Also, if you have ideas of how the contest would be organized, do tell me.

• Like 1

Haven´t the cars already been built in LDD or Ldraw? Those cars are already authentic to the cars in the game. I cannot see how anyone could make them better than what they already are. 

If you want to have building contests, then I recommend that you go to the forum Eurobricks. They build models in LDD and Ldraw there. May be for the game LEGOLAND or Island Xtreme Stunts? Those models haven´t been built yet. 

23 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Haven´t the cars already been built in LDD or Ldraw? Those cars are already authentic to the cars in the game. I cannot see how anyone could make them better than what they already are. 

If you want to have building contests, then I recommend that you go to the forum Eurobricks. They build models in LDD and Ldraw there. May be for the game LEGOLAND or Island Xtreme Stunts? Those models haven´t been built yet. 

I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean we would build real versions of the cars, or LDD/Ldraw versions of them. I meant building own cars in LR1 using build mode. And then you could make any car you want. Or maybe have a theme. The best looking car wins. Simple and fun!

Why not just make them in LDD or Ldraw and render them? Easier to import to a model editor, more customizability and use in other projects.  

19 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Why not just make them in LDD or Ldraw and render them? Easier to import to a model editor, more customizability and use in other projects.  

I'm open for that idea. I just thought it be fun to delimitate it to only LR1 parts and use LR1 build mode. That would be a simple way of making sure people don't make a car with 1000 pieces and so on... 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

I'm open for that idea. I just thought it be fun to delimitate it to only LR1 parts and use LR1 build mode. That would be a simple way of making sure people don't make a car with 1000 pieces and so on... 

Well, that would be rather limiting. There is much more freedome when it comes to actual brick editor.  

16 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Well, that would be rather limiting. There is much more freedome when it comes to actual brick editor.  

Yeah, sure. But we'll see what people think in my poll. If enough people want to have it in LR1, I'll organize a contest. We can also have an LDD contest after this. I however think the limitation is a plus in this kind of contest.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

If it is meant to be in LR then keep it that way. It is in this way the save/build of the car can be transferred between users to be easily used in the game.

• Like 2

ReflectedMantis

I like this idea very much. I just have to decide whether I want to build a whole new car, or use my current car (more likely, because I still know exactly how to build it.)

Building a car in LR1 would be pretty sweet.

Not LR2 though as that brick limit.... GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.... actually, would be interesting to see how far you can go with a 20-brick limit...

7 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

Building a car in LR1 would be pretty sweet.

Not LR2 though as that brick limit.... GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.... actually, would be interesting to see how far you can go with a 20-brick limit...

If you think about it, LR1 is one of the most creative Lego games that there is. It was #1 from 1999 until 2017, when Lego Worlds was released. There are countless Lego games, but as far as I know, LR1 and LR2 are the only ones where you use your creativity and build things (except Worlds). But yeah, LR2 is really restricted, it's not really fun to build in that game. 

36 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Don´t forget Lego Universe´s brick-building system as well. 

Yeah sorry, I never played that.

3 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Yeah sorry, I never played that.

So, when will the building contest commence?

Just now, tomfyhr said:

So, when will the building contest commence?

Yeah, good question. I should probably get started on that right. I will get working on that as soon as I can. It might start tomorrow, and then people will be able to vote and post cars for maybe five days. Then it will be decided. How about that?

Just now, Edwin said:

Yeah, good question. I should probably get started on that right. I will get working on that as soon as I can. It might start tomorrow, and then people will be able to vote and post cars for maybe five days. Then it will be decided. How about that?

Sure! Just one technicality, who precisely will post cars?

32 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Sure! Just one technicality, who precisely will post cars?

Anyone who wants can post their car. I just make a topic, where people make posts. So you go in to my topic, then post a screenshot of your car. After a few days we make a strawpoll or something, where people can vote for the cars. 

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Anyone who wants can post their car. I just make a topic, where people make posts. So you go in to my topic, then post a screenshot of your car. After a few days we make a strawpoll or something, where people can vote for the cars. 

RRU's voting tends to result in one subject gaining two or three times as many votes as anything else - that is, it got two and the rest got one. :P (Yes @Cyrem, I have no choice but to cede...)

You don't need to make a strawpoll. Make a new topic once the entries are in, choose the Poll option, and don't check the Make Voter Names Public box.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.