Is the Pizza Delivery Guy Pepper Roni?

DRY1994

Is the Pizza Delivery Guy from Minifigure Series 12 Pepper Roni from LEGO Island? I will give some reasons how this can go either way. The Pizza Delivery Guy’s bio from lego.com reads:

“Hi! Did somebody here order a pizza?" Who’s that at the door? It’s the friendly neighborhood Pizza Delivery Man! As the newest delivery guy at Papa Brickolini’s Pizzeria, he’s still got a lot to learn. He had no idea that carrying piping hot pizzas all around town required so many different job skills! Not only does he have to ride his bike from house to house, but sometimes he needs to use a skateboard or a jetski, and once he even ended up in a high-speed car chase after a brick-stealing burglar for some reason that he still isn’t sure about. All that, and he still has to deliver his pizzas on time, every time!

Evidence and reasons for same identity:

According to the bio, he works at Papa Brickolini’s Pizzeria, so we know that he’s on LEGO Island. If you’ve played LEGO Island, you know that Pepper is tasked with many different jobs The brick-stealing burglar can easily be identified as the Brickster.

In LEGOLAND FLORIDA there is a pizzeria called Pepper & Roni’s Pizza Stop. Here is an image of the front of the pizzeria: [[1]]. Of the two minifigures displayed, The Pizza Delivery Guy is located on the left. If the name is read respective of their positions, Pepper coincides with the Pizza Delivery Guy. (Although, this does raise the question, if the Pizza Delivery Guy is working for Papa Brickolini, who is Roni? Pepper’s long last dad finally returned after years of exploring and becoming a pizza chef?)

Evidence and reasons against same identity:

The bio indicates that the Pizza Delivery Guy is new to the job and has much to learn where Pepper by his time has been there for years and knows the ropes. Also, the bio seems to imply that the Pizza Delivery Guy’s main mode of transportation is bicycle and the skateboard is mentioned as an additional vehicle that he at some point had to ride while Pepper Roni’s main mode of transportation is his skateboard.

In the LEGO Club Magazine Nov-Dec 2016 pull out poster: [[2]], two years after the release of the Pizza Delivery Guy, Pepper is once again featured and in his iconic red and blue attire.

Possible rectifications, speculations, and theories:

The Pizza Delivery Guy may be Pepper Roni Early on in his career. (Though the Pizza Delivery Guy seems to be too old for that)

Pepper Roni’s return to his original design in the LEGO Club Magazine Nov-Dec 2016 pull out poster could be similar to Alpha Team’s Dash’s return to his original (yet updated) design as the Spy in Minifigures Series 16.

The Pizza Delivery Guy that we’ve been mainly focusing on may just be a recent co-worker of Pepper’s and/or fills in for Pepper when he is gone on one of his adventures (not just in pizza delivery). The Pizza Delivery Guy talked about in the lego.com bio may be one of many look-alike minifigures in the LEGO world. (LEGO Minifigures Online and LEGO City Undercover prove they exist.) One of these look-alikes located somewhere else may share the same name as Pepper and opened a pizzeria with a chef named Roni. So these are three different minifigures: Pepper Roni, Pizza Delivery Guy of LEGO Island, and Pepper the Pizza Delivery Guy.

What are your thoughts?

lol username
26 minutes ago, DRY1994 said:

The Pizza Delivery Guy that we’ve been mainly focusing on may just be a recent co-worker of Pepper’s

I think this is likely what the author of the bio for the Pizza Delivery Guy intended.

I hadn't seen that LEGOLAND Florida pizzeria though, that's interesting. I was at LEGOLAND Florida in 2012, and ate at a pizzeria/Italian restaurant there - but it didn't look like that, or have that name. I guess they've done some remodeling and renaming since then.

1 hour ago, Terrev said:

I hadn't seen that LEGOLAND Florida pizzeria though, that's interesting. I was at LEGOLAND Florida in 2012, and ate at a pizzeria/Italian restaurant there - but it didn't look like that, or have that name. I guess they've done some remodeling and renaming since then.

I hadn't seen it at all before, but its super rad how its shaped like pizza to go.

• Like 5

On 4/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, Pereki said:

I hadn't seen it at all before, but its super rad how its shaped like pizza to go.

Your right, it does look like that set. I was so focused on the sign I didn't notice it. That's a great set. Sadly, the stickers on mine have fallen off.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:41 PM, Terrev said:

I think this is likely what the author of the bio for the Pizza Delivery Guy intended.

That's what it seems like to me as well.

So what about the Pizza Delivery Guy featured on Pepper & Roni's Pizza Stop?

Could you imagine the possible frustration these characters might have in the LEGO world due to uninformed pizza-loving citizens confusing their identities?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.