Controls Sticking

Fush

I just reinstalled LR1 for the first time on this new PC and didn't have much of an issue getting it to install and run correctly.

The issue came after I started a race.

I'm trying to play with a 360 controller and for some reason when I let go of the control stick after turning it doesn't always register, and I'll often keep turning that direction despite not holding a direction.

Running Windows 10 if that's relevant, but as I said the installation wasn't an issue

I'm guessing it has something to do with the lack of a deadzone on the stick.
The controller probably isn't centering fully when released. It's a common thing.
I think most games now make allowances for that and have deadzone settings.

Get a keyboard

Uh, does your controller do this for anything else?

LR1's turning physics is really simple (because it was designed for keyboard). If your controller's turning thingy is just a tiny bit to the right (or left), the game turns the cra at max power - because it only has two rates of turning. One's Powersliding and the other is normal steering.

If I can repeat myself, if you push the right arrow very lightly on the keyboard the car will turn. Hold it down with an orange and the car turns at the same rate. The same applies to joysticks and thus probably to controllers - if it's a tiny bit to the right the car will turn.

edit: I'll shut up now

CaptainGolem
11 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Get a keyboard

LR1's turning physics is really simple (because it was designed for keyboard). If your controller's turning thingy is just a tiny bit to the right (or left), the game turns the cra at max power - because it only has two rates of turning. One's Powersliding and the other is normal steering.

If I can repeat myself, if you push the right arrow very lightly on the keyboard the car will turn. Hold it down with an orange and the car turns at the same rate. The same applies to joysticks and thus probably to controllers - if it's a tiny bit to the right the car will turn.

That's what I thought too, but when I tried playing LR1 with my Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel, turning just a little bit made the car actually turn only a little bit too. In other words, the car does what I do with the steering wheel. However I tried it with a different steering wheel and turning just a little bit made the car turn at full speed. So I guess it depends on the controller.

11 hours ago, aidenpons said:

What about the PS1 and N64 versions? They use analog(ue) sticks.

Keyboards are digital inputs. On or Off. Steering amount is full in one direction or no steering.
Analog(ue) Sticks and steering wheels are analog(ue) inputs. Variable. Steering amount is proportional to the movement of the stick.

17 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Get a keyboard

I don't understand the point of this post. You're not telling me anything I don't already know, but more importantly, this has nothing at all to do with my issue.

as for if my controller does it with anything else: It's a 360 controller. It behaves exactly how a 360 controller behaves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.