Skateboard Speed Modifier

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

I dunno about you, but I've heard a few complaints around about the uselessness of the skateboard and how its speed is the same as running; so what better way to solve that issue than to modify the speed of the skateboard! This mod changes the skateboard speed from 0.75 to 1.15, but you can easily change it to whatever you want! (just be sure to reverse the endian [aka DCBA])

Mod Download:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/491

To be used with @Jeff's mod manager.

This mod is compatible with the two English versions and the Spanish. Want it in your alternate game release? Drop a reply!

Technical Stuff:

Default Speed: 0.75 [40 3F]

Addresses in .exe:

English Type 1: 3EB031
English Type 2: 3EAFF1
Spanish: 8B0F2

• Like 4

Fluffy Cupcake

I dun missed up on the patch.txt. I put a , instead of ;. If you applied the patch already, unapply it or your game is screwed. I've updated OP with corrected mod.

Edit: I corrected it but now the bytes in the .exe don't change at all? I'm not seeing what the problem is now, perhaps you see something wrong that I don't @Jeff? Or if it even works for you at all.

Patch.txt looks like this, the original value being 00 00 40 3F.

3EB031;3333933F;0000403F
3EAFF1;3333933F;0000403F
8B0F2;3333933F;0000403F

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic! This was a mod that I've been secretly wishing for.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:36 PM, Xiron said:

Edit: I corrected it but now the bytes in the .exe don't change at all? I'm not seeing what the problem is now, perhaps you see something wrong that I don't @Jeff? Or if it even works for you at all.

Sorry, I just noticed this thread today. I would have responded sooner.

You probably figured something out by now, but for an issue like this you should uncheck the mod, click apply, then check it again and apply it again.

Fluffy Cupcake

This mod doesn't apply at all actually.

Unchecked, hit apply. Re-checked, hit apply. No difference. Doing this step with another mod like bi-plane fuel does make a difference however.

I even tried on a fresh .exe and mods folder.

5 hours ago, Xiron said:

This mod doesn't apply at all actually.

Unchecked, hit apply. Re-checked, hit apply. No difference. Doing this step with another mod like bi-plane fuel does make a difference however.

I even tried on a fresh .exe and mods folder.

Okay, I looked into this and it was a problem in my program.

I miss-typed an array value. So it was looking for the new bytes for verification when it should have been looking for the original bytes. Since they weren't found, the line was skipped over.

I've updated the program. Sorry about that.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.