LEGO Island Torpedoes/Jetski music tabs

Lair

As far as I can find, no one else has ever writen tabs for any of these tracks (or anything from the game aside from bass tabs for the race track theme posted here years ago), so I decided to give it a shot. I started off with "Torpedoe", the song that plays when you build the Jetski, because after uploading an edit of it trying to recreate the faster loop you hear in-game in better quality it was on my mind for a while, and it's by far the easiest to figure out and play, and the least reverb-heavy. Maybe I'll try to figure the others out if I can tell through said reverb. I'm by no means really any good at guitar at all, and I'm not using an electric like they were, but hopefully I managed this okay enough that it's not too inaccurate, maybe someone who's way better than me could see if this sounds right.

Torpedoe
The Torpedoes
Brian Pool [guitar], Jason Brown [bass], Brandon Watson [drums]

repeat once
E||----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
B||----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
G||:---------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
D||:---------------|-----------1---1---1-----|---------------|-----------1---1---1-----|
A||------3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----3---2---1---|-----3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----3---2---1---|
E||--1-4-----------|-1-4-------------------4-|-1-4-----------|-1-4-------------------4-|

first time
G||----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
D||----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
A||----------------|-------------------------|-----3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----------------|
E||----------------|-------------------------|-1-4-----------|-1-4---------------------|

second time
G|-----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
D|-----------------|-------------------------|---------------|-------------------------|
A|-------3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----------------|-----3--3--3-1-|-----3---3---------------|
E|---1-4-----------|-1-4---------------------|-1-4-----------|-1-4---------------------|

E|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
B|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
G|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
D|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
A|-----------------------|------------1----------|-----------------------|------------1----------|
E|-1--3-4/7-0-1--3-4/7-0-|-1--3-4/7-0----4-3/6-0-|-1--3-4/7-0-1--3-4/7-0-|-1--3-4/7-0----4-3/6-0-|

both times
G|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
D|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
A|-----------------------|------------1----------|-----------------------|-------------1---------|
E|-1--3-4---0-1--3-4---0-|-1--3-4---0----4-3---0-|-1--3-4---0-1--3-4---0-|-1--3-4----0---4-3---0-|

back to start
E|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
B|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
G|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------:|
D|-3--3-5-6---3--3-5-6---|-3--3-5-6---8--8-9-8---|-3--3-5-6---3--3-5-6---|-3--3-5-6---8--8-9-8-----:|
A|-3--3-5-6---3--3-5-6---|-3--3-5-6---8--8-9-8---|-3--3-5-6---3--3-5-6---|-3--3-5-6---8--8-9-8------|
E|-1--1-3-4-0-1--1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4-6--6-7-6-0-|-1--1-3-4-0-1--1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4-6--6-7-6-8\1--|

first time
G|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
D|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------:|
A|-----------------------|------------1--1-2-1---|-----------------------|------------1--1-2-1-----:|
E|-1--1-3-4-0-1--1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4----------0-|-1--1-3-4------1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4---------------|

second time
G|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
D|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
A|-----------------------|------------1--1-2-1---|-----------------------|------------1--1-2-1------|
E|-1--1-3-4-0-1--1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4----------0-|-1--1-3-4-0-1--1-3-4-0-|-1--1-3-4-4---------------|

ending                                                                        strum last note
E|---------------|-------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------------||
B|---------------|-------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------------||
G|---------------|-------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------------||
D|---------------|-----------1---1---1-----|---------------------1-|-----------1---1---1-----3-||
A|-----3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----3---2---1---|-----3--3--3-2-1-2-3---|-----3--3----3---2---1---3-||
E|-1-4-----------|-1-4-------------------4-|-1-4-------------------|-1-4-------------------4-1-||

G|---------------|-------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------------||
D|---------------|-------------------------|---------------------1-|---------------------------||
A|-----3--3--3-1-|-----3--3----------------|-----3--3--3-2-1-2-3---|-----3--3------------------||
E|-1-4-----------|-1-4---------------------|-1-4-------------------|-1-4---------------------1-||

The bass was pretty hard to hear but it seems to just be the bottom two guitar strings with some missing notes (I'm 99% sure it's not just an echo because of that and because I can hear the same fuzzy sound on parts of Interplanetary where the guitar's reverb is turned down, playing something different entirely). Also sorry if the formatting is kinda crap I'm not sure how to write this sort of stuff properly, and like I said I doubt it's perfectly accurate, but it's a start hopefully.

• Like 3

RocketRacer

Just a quick tip on transcribing stuff, other than slowing  down to half speed, I find that raising whatever you want to transcribe by one or two octaves helps hearing the lower frequencies (like basses). You can always use an equalizer to push the desired frequencies out.

• lol username featured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.