Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Shadow322

New RRU Minecraft Server Thread

38 posts in this topic

Server is back, it was just a memory leak. Spark repaired it.

Added you Ben.

I was going through my bookmarks and remembered this was a thing because of it: http://rrucraft.webs.com/

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, Xiron said:

I was going through my bookmarks and remembered this was a thing because of it: http://rrucraft.webs.com/

Oh yeah, wow that's from a while ago

Oh wow that is cool looking. Heads up if anyone wants creative mode I figured out how to do it, been playing with creative for like 2 weeks now.

I can't get on RRU Server again, just thought let ya know.

Neither can I. Just gonna assume it's another Memory leak.

Server is back up.

I would also like to play in Creative mode.

By the way: Is it also possible to enable players to switch between modes on their own (in case, that one mode got too boring)? Though in that case one could just request a switch to another mode.

P.S.: I occasionally visit the server and I got the impression, that it isn't active. Like at all.

P.P.S.: Is there a reason, why the server is version 1.10? It may make sense to upgrade to something like snapshot 17w06a of version 1.12, because that one introduced concrete blocks, which look a bit like the colored wool blocks, but they don't burn: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Concrete

People would have to activate betastuff though or make a custom a custon profile (which you have to do anyway to visit the server, because it is version 1.10).

P.P.P.S.: I tested the concrete blocks in the latest snapshot and they are a nice addon since the colors are more uniform and the black concrete block is really dark when you put a torch next to it (maybe you can use that for optical illusions etc.).

Well i personally don't like playing in snapshots, can't get into it constantly changing is all So I wait for the full version release. You would have to ask Spark about it honestly.

As for changing to creative mode, Yeah, I could change players, just let me know what to type since I only know how to change my own game mode.

Lastly.... yeah, the server is pretty inactive sad to say. I wanna say it was better before cause people probably just had more free time and the starting area felt more maintained. The creative map was centered around a desert village while the survival map was near a swamp with low dense treeage. This map I feel is too dense with large hills and big trees, it would be like trying to settle in a jungle biome for the first time, sorta a pain in the rear.

I might ask Spark if he still has any old world seeds.

1 person likes this

The snapshots will probably only be an issue, if you use the option to always use the most recent snapshot instead of using an older one.

I checked the minecraft wiki: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#gamemode

So basicly you would have to type the following stuff to change my mode, if I understood it correctly:

gamemode creative Arthuriel

or:

gamemode creative [Arthuriel]

The tree issue could be solved by burning the trees down xD or by putting the spawn somewhere else, if that works.

Oh we can move the spawn? I would be more then happy to scout out a new place then.

Yeah, I checked the link* to the minecraft wiki again and there are also a ton of other commands, including setting the spawn.

*the one in my previous post

Neat. We should plan this out some more however, don't want some to die and then respawn thousands of miles away and loose all there stuff.