Driver license max lenght?

Giacomo1496

Hi all,i stated that before i write something of new in this forum i see accurately if there was opened some similar topic and if it's was solved.I tried to manage drvrlicense.mib in menudata to try to find what limits the player's license max lenght  (using LR1 binary editor).

In particular i modified these lines:

-175  k_33    // Text Maximum Length?      (i changed it from 0 to 20)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-305  k_33    // Text Maximum Length? ( i changed it from 13 to 20.13 are the max characters you can use.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-337  k_33    // Text Maximum Length? (i changed both from 0 to 20)

Finished it i rebuilt the jam and when i was gone to modify a character's name to try this,i've had this error "can't find blended.wdb".

So i've gone to find this file and i look this is a file that lists all elements used in every tracks,indeed you can find these in every "circuit" folder  in menudata.Maybe it could be a good start way to proceed,we can find some values to change in blended files,actually i'm searching on,i'll inform you.Good evening.

I tried modifying only the middle one (305) and it works, but:

- putting over 15 characters and trying to continue will crash the game

- even if you put 15 characters in there, only 14 will actually save

I am using the 1999 version for modding, I'm not sure if that has any effect.

(btw wasn't there a similar thread somewhere?)

3 hours ago, CaptainGolem said:

I tried modifying only the middle one (305) and it works, but:

- putting over 15 characters and trying to continue will crash the game

- even if you put 15 characters in there, only 14 will actually save

I am using the 1999 version for modding, I'm not sure if that has any effect.

(btw wasn't there a similar thread somewhere?)

Hi,yes there were other topics like this but unsolved : http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6056-extending-the-licence/ 

My point is why other ai opponents can have long names?For example the governor broadside in italian bacome "Il governatore dell'armata imperiale",32 letters o.O

Obviously it's factible,we only need to undestand where is the block that limits the lenght and does the game crash.

Other thing we could do it is to insert simbols like aphostrophe and to do this you have to modify letters order in gfonts.fdb in your language folder (in my case italian) in menudata.

I use a 1999 version too,my cd works fine after 17 years too ^^

I'm still working on it,it's not simple but not impossible,i leave some information if someone want help to do it.

The principal file is drvrlicense.mib (in menudata) and after some test i look that:

-Since line 292 to 307 is referred on the maximum number of characters you can use.

-Since 285 to 289 is refferred on the position of the name in the license.

-Since 23 to 27 is the photo's border.

-Obviously every "trophy" lines are referred to the position of the trophies you can hearn.

-Since 147 to 155 and since 163 to 171 is referred to the name's border while probably clearbox is referred when you clear the name so it have to be blanck indeed all values in this section are 0.

In the other drivrlicense.xxx files i haven't found nothing correlated to character limit.Hope to rescue to do this soon as soon,and thank you if you want to help.

• 3 weeks later...
Giacomo1496

It's possible to open savedata files with a simple notepad,in these files (that are only in the folders 0 and 1) there are all your characters names and on their rigt,the chassis you selected.I tried to simply add some letters and in a first try in the main menu there was Rocket Racer but all levels and pieces locked,while in a second try in the main menu there was captain redbeard and all locked.11m5m50.jpg

The problem is this string for me,that happear in the second file too.2mkxs2.jpg25ey0eg.jpg

There is some rapports in numers 2,9,8.

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.