Laser Non-Draining Glitch?

Shay

It's been a few years since I last played Lego Rock Raiders, but from all of my experiences with it, I remember that I would sometimes use laser vehicles without producing a single purple Energy Crystal over the course of the mission, enabling me to use them as much as I wanted to. This happened in levels both with and without Recharge Seams. Is this a recurring bug, and has it happened to anybody else?

Several things to note about this:

• Modifications generally buff lasers / reduce the crystal drain / remove the crystal drain, so if you're playing with mods you might never spot anything.
  • Purple crystals turn up at the Tool Store.
  • Teleporting up the Tool Store results in no crystal drain because the game can't find anywhere to spit out the purple crystals.
  • LRR is glitchy and has a habit of exploding, but that's usually the reverse of what you're saying (the normal glitch is a Laser Beam shot drains all your crystals l405G.jpg)

So it's probably a lack of a Tool Store that's doing it.

Well, I've never used a Rock Raiders mod before, and this always happened to me when I had a Tool Store. Guess this bug was just a pleasant surprise, then!

To clear up something else, I once booted the game and there was a hud above each of my Raiders that showed his health and hunger. I've only seen this hud once. Is there a way to manually switch it on or off? I know this isn't really related to the original topic; I'll keep my posts cleaner next time.

find the

Lazer {

entry in the cfg and add

DischargeRate 0.0

to it to fix the drain glitch. it's supposed to take that lack of discharge rate as meaning no discharge but on newer OS it takes it as infinite discharge.

press space to show health bars

2 hours ago, Ringtail said:

find the

Lazer {

entry in the cfg and add

DischargeRate 0.0

to it to fix the drain glitch. it's supposed to take that lack of discharge rate as meaning no discharge but on newer OS it takes it as infinite discharge.

Wrong glitch l405G.jpg

7 hours ago, Mahoroa said:

I would sometimes use laser vehicles without producing a single purple Energy Crystal over the course of the mission, enabling me to use them as much as I wanted to.

It is possible that the WeaponTypes does contain DischargeRate 0  , but that's unlikely given you're not running any mods. Very odd.

12 hours ago, Ringtail said:

okay i guess that'll teach me to fully read a post before vomiting out stupid replies lmfao god

It's fine. xD

I've never tried modding LRR or editing its config before, but I guess I could try using the tutorials Cyrem made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.