Tutorial Levels?

Shadow322

So I've been wondering for a long time  if there was any possible way to actually play those levels as real levels and nut just be stuck to the actual tutorial gameplay, I'm mostly interested in the laser beam and slime slug levels since those have always fascinated me.

I don't know if this question has been asked before but if it has I am sorry for asking if it has been answered a long time ago.

It's super easy to do since you can drop in replacement PTL and NPL files from regular levels to enable the disabled AI functions and turn off all of the tutorial scripts. I can poke at them this weekend if you want.

there's not a whole lot more rock you can mine outside of what you do. drilling with vehicles has a long loop of hard rock going back to the start but there's not much in there, and i don't think defending hq has anything across the water.

7 hours ago, Axel said:

If someone went in and made full-functioning missions out of those tutorial level maps, that'd work.  I'd love to see that too!

i'd think you of all people here probably already have, or is that the joke lmao

• 2 months later...

While I know this topic is fairly old, I have a habit of screwing around with Drilling with Vehicles with NoNerps (hit F12)

The game does not like this map at all.

gallery_7851_358_23027.jpg

It also has a habit of shooting RRs all the way up the air, glitching up in some shaky fashion after they finish clearing rubble. They go into the.... floor? ceiling? wall?

One Rock Raider is being pointed at by the arrow. He's stuck in the ground. The second is selected and stuck in the... wall?

large.LRRsinwrongspots.png.5768520d0bc99

One RR is in the middle of going flying far above the screen. He stays in the same spot if you view him on the minimap.

large.LRRsgoflyingagain.png.070a2d0c6a25

I have also managed to replicate the very rare bug whereby something zooms from its spot to the end of the cavern, hits the wall, and warps back. However this is absurdly rare. I managed to catch one LRR in the act and found that he was lying horizontally - he was going in the direction of his head (so along the ground). Unfortunately there are no screenshots of that :(.

To get the LRR carrying another RR, it has something to do with finishing shoveling. For the second, just teleport some LRRs in and teleport out the Small Digger. Then tell them to go shoveling.

(Bonus points - spot the change in models from low to high poly. One SS is a couple of years old, the others didn't exist ten minutes ago l405G.jpg)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.