High Draw Distances/No Fog

lol username

Modded a script attached to the Avant Gardens version of Friendly Felix so the draw/fog distances got boosted crazy high upon spawning him. Did some other stuff to make him, the player, and most of the UI invisible, increased the FoV, and this was the result.
Didn't really do any editing, just raw footage. I skipped worlds/areas of worlds that already had high draw distances, and only showed a few properties since those are all done the same way. Oh, and this has the side effect of the near clipping plane moving farther away from the camera's actual position, but when flying around that doesn't matter.
0:00 Pet Cove - Really striking visual difference, some rocks you'd otherwise be unlikely to notice, and it turns out the water plane is only juuust as big as it needs to be.
3:43 Nimbus Station - The big mountain around Red Blocks is probably the most noticeable thing, it's covered in fog and almost blends into the sky normally.
7:31 Chantey Shanty - All properties are like this.
7:58 Nimbus Isle - Just looks really bizarre. Terrain has odd markings like someone was just randomly clicking with the texture brush occasionally.
8:54 Return to the Venture Explorer - The terrain here is below the invisible floor at -5000 that all worlds have (as far as I know), but hey, we can see its textures now. The camera stops tracking you when you go beyond the 5000/-5000 limits on any axis, so sadly we can't really get up close.
10:12 Avant Gardens - The Maelstrom Mine area already has lighting/fog settings similar to what I was doing with scripting, so there's nothing really new here. Still neat though.
12:17 Gnarled Forest - Like AG, there's already an area without fog and a super high draw distance (the Pirate Camp), so I didn't bother showing it all. Being in the Ravine without fog is kinda neat though.
15:15 Forbidden Valley - There's a flat plane here at the height of the lowest part of the terrain, which extends past where the terrain goes. Maybe sometime in the future I'll show what FV looks like from underneath, using the same glitch as that Crux Prime video I uploaded a little while back (there's some neat views down there - and the bottom of the FV terrain is almost exactly at -5000, so you can just walk off of the terrain and onto nothingness).
19:49 Deep Freeze - The fog adds to the snow effect but it's still neat without it.
21:08 Moonbase - Nothing unusual to note.
23:52 Portabello - Usually has really dense fog. I can see why, it's a whole lot of green without it.
26:11 LEGO Club - Just funny to see the infamous green plains from on board the station.
26:59 Crux Prime - Nothing unusual, just neat views.
29:46 Nexus Tower - Nexus Tower is MASSIVE. Seriously. https://luprechaun.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/the-size-of-nexus-tower/ Normally you can only see a tiny portion of the tower, but this lets you see all the way down - and the tower even goes lower than the terrain in the world. The top is too high to reach with the camera still tracking you, (above 5000 units), and the bottom is similarly impossible to actually reach.
33:58 Ninjago Monastery - The terrain here goes crazy low. I guess they might have had to, given the first area lets you see really far to get the front of the monastery in view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.