Do some High-Poly models still exist?

Triumph101

Do most of the High-Poly models still exist? I have noticed that some of the links Karsten's HP mods are not linked. There were however some that haves links like the HP Bucket, HP Chromecrusher, etc. and when I try to find the latest version of the overhaul mod the link ether directs me to a site that no longer has it or does not exist.

I tried to install the old version from the topic forum(version 1.6 non-beta) but the installer crashes and gives me an error. It might mean that I have to install Karsten's mods, as well as any other HP mods I find, by manually.

I am running on a Windows 10: 1607 64-bit.

Here's my copy of Karsie's Overhaul 1.6. It's all the WAD internal directories, so no installer crap to worry about. Sorry that the mod database is a mess. None of them aside from a few really old maps are lost but the site's been reconstructed enough times that trying to fix it is a nightmare. Guess I should try to contribute towards doing something about that more.

As far as I know the short answer is "No, they aren't immediately accessible" but someone may have them and I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable to comment. edit: :ninja:

I will also say that Karsten hasn't been on in nearly three years.

Just now, aidenpons said:

but someone may have them and I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable to comment.

;P

Just now, aidenpons said:

I will also say that Karsten hasn't been on in nearly three years.

I'm not entirely sure but I think I remember last time he was here he was asking for all his mods to be deleted and kinda left this community on a bad note for no reason I can figure out unfortunately. Though that might have been even earlier and then he came back for a little while at some point later since I can't find those posts.

1 minute ago, Cyrem said:

I have most, if not all of them. Just haven't got around to fixing all the links.

I've got a bunch of stuff too, if you find you're missing anything I'll see if I've got it. And yeah I know I know I'll get on that thing soon lmao

Thanks for helping out guys. Now a problem occurred when I tried to play the game with the mods, one that I might have seen before long ago. I placed everything from the overhaul to where they are supposed to go but when I started the game it crashed. I think it's because of the HP for Mining Laser. I tried the HP files for rock raider and tool store before and they seem to work fine.

It's trial and error, you'll just have to add one by one to see which one the culprit is then test each file to see what actually is causing the crash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.