Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Ayliffe

Contest: BUILD A LEGO MOVIE!

11 posts in this topic

So, with The LEGO Batman Movie dropping next month and The LEGO Ninjago Movie also coming out this year, I thought I'd pay tribute to 'em with... a contest. But not just any ol' contest, this is... a logo contest. Yes. Welcome to...

large.587299d77e018_BUILDLEGOLOGOBGcopy.

(yes, I built this logo myself, just for you lot)

THE PREMISE:

The year is 20XX. All the currently released LEGO Movies have been such rousing successes that Warner Bros could practically make a LEGO Movie about literally anything and it'd be a blockbuster hit, no matter the budget. The big cheeses of Warner Bros have approached you of all people to come up with an idea for their next big LEGO film, and design a logo for 'em to boot. What's the next step? Where do you go with this rather vague request? Why is Warner Bros asking you to come up with ideas for 'em anyways? It's time for you to decide!

THE TASK:

The aim of this contest is to design a logo inspired by the design aesthetics of the TLM IP's logos for your own imaginary TLM spinoff film, plus write a short (only a couple of sentences or so) plot summary about said spinoff. The film can be about (mostly) literally anything, so the sky's the limit! 

THE RULES:

> Everyone on RRU is welcome to enter, old member or new. Well, except me that is. :(

> To keep it fair for others (and to stop peeps from just spamming billions of naff models instead of concentrating on making a couple of extra-good ones), I'm limiting it to only three entries per person. Use that to yer advantage and put effort into things innit.

> For each entry, only embed one pic of your logo from the angle you wish for it to be viewed. You really won't need any more than that tbh, it's a logo innit.

> You can build your logo either with physical bricks or with digital building programs such as LDD and LDraw. For this particular contest though, digital is probably gonna be much easier than attempting to build a mahoosive logo IRL.

> If building digitally, your entry MUST be rendered in some other program such as POVRay, Bluerender or Blender. I don't mind what program you use, as long as it's not just a direct screenshot from within LDD or something along those lines.

> You can do an entry based on anything you like, as long as the source material doesn't consist of 18+ NSFW stuff like sex and such. 

> The plot summary shouldn't be a full outline of spoilers and such - you only need to do a couple of lines vaguely outlining the main events of the film and not much else. Preferably keep it under 200 words or so for shortness.

> Oh, and all film names should follow the naming pattern of "The LEGO _________ Movie", to maintain consistency between spinoffs or something. Look, the real films are doing it so we're gonna do it too okay?

> If you've got any questions about any of these rules, shoot me a PM (or alternatively contact me on Discord) and I'll happily clarify any details! 

THE PRIZES:

Glory of having won the contest! And, er, that's it. DM if you've got anything to offer up for the contest, but other than that it's just for fun.

THE DATES:

Because this is a pretty big task to do, I'm leaving this thing open for an entire month (well, 28 days) so that y'all have plenty of time to whip up some neat entries. This means that you have until Midday GMT Sunday 5th February Saturday 25th February to enter. After this the voting will begin, which'll probably take a week or so and run similarly to the voting from the Photoshop contests wot I do (I'll go into detail more when the time comes).

Happy building, and good luck!

please enter this contest now please

6 people like this

Spoiler

*Okay, thats enough shoddy depression hints for one day*

- "The LEGO Accountancy Movie" (Temporary name until I come up with something better...)

A surrealist film about the protagonist, an accountant, attempting to complete his work each day. Everyday brings with it a strange surrealist twist, like maybe the office has become a maze, or the paperwork on his desk forms a static spiral staircase heavenwards.

Basically, think "The Stanley Parable", but as a movie, without any narration, and with less game-development/culture references.

*Give me a moment, I'm still workin' on that logo*

1 person likes this

Pinned & Featured.

Thanks for hosting a competition, a nicely organized one at that, hope it goes well.

3 people like this

heads up: I've added a rule wot I forgot about beforehand!

> Oh, and all film names should follow the naming pattern of "The LEGO _________ Movie", to maintain consistency between spinoffs or something. Look, the real films are doing it so we're gonna do it too okay?

Also added a prizes section, because lol

rJoMNQO.png

In the lego cloud octopus movie it follows the story of doctor sky octopus as he goes on an adventure to stop the darkitecht and save the universe from the maelstrom: featureing: sky lane: vanda darkflame: duke sentinel guy: gnarl forest dude: jammester: murp[hy: coming 2017

8 people like this

2 hours ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

the lego cloud octopus movie

C1_72z-XUAAgQ0q.jpg

8 people like this

To celebrate the impending retirement of the LEGO Message Boards, I present The LEGO Message Boards (LMB) Movie: THE RETIRING, or TLMBM:TR! This in no way foreshadows a future project/series that I am currently drafting.

For some reason I created a short story detailing how the LEGO Group took over Hollywood and TLMBM:TR was conceived, as follows: 

"In the years following the LEGO Movie, the LEGO fandom ascended into the mainstream, eventually becoming the font of popular culture. Mattel and Hasbro found themselves under tremendous financial strain as the toy market shifted entirely into the LEGO corner. Entertainment companies once considered impregnable monoliths of the industry were losing their foothold.

Desperate to replicate the success of the LEGO Movie, Paramount Pictures ordered their own construction-system-based film franchise. Its initial—and quite terminal—entry was the Kre-O Transformers Movie, a bizarre animated/live-action hybrid directed by Michael Bay. This film was only notable for having aligned LEGO fans and the remaining Transformers fans against what came to be considered as the worst blockbuster of the century. The film was, of course, a flop, and Paramount Pictures filed for bankruptcy a week after the premier.

A decade later, in an effort to enhance future NXT AI, the LEGO Group recruited the brightest minds in the field of robotics and computer intelligence. The ambitious project culminated in the Master NXT, the world’s first sentient computer. The Master NXT, using data harvested from every social media and LEGO fansite, worked in conjunction with LEGO designers as they proposed new themes. The Master NXT was kept under tight wraps by LEGO Group executives; however, when Warner Brothers Pictures caught wind of the project, they petitioned the LEGO Group to use the AI to generate movie proposals. With little consideration, the LEGO Group agreed, and the Master NXT began spewing out at least a dozen guaranteed box-office-hit pitches per week.

Each year, the Warner Brothers and LEGO Group’s revenues topped new heights, with no signs of slowing. In a crunch, Disney and Universal finally began working in conjunction with Warner Brothers. After the unprecedented critical and financial success of the LEGO Galidor Movie Trilogy, supplanting the LEGO Star Wars Movie Saga (itself having supplanted George Lucas’s Star Wars Trilogy) as the defining cinematic depiction of the hero’s journey, the Warner Brothers and LEGO Group seemed invincible.

Before activation, the Master NXT’s programmers left a back door to its system, in case of the inevitability of the thing going rogue. Now in his mid-fifties, one chronically-butthurt LU-fanboy ex-Elimbier, who had worked on the Master NXT project, inputted two suggestions for the Master NXT’s algorithm: The LEGO Universe Movie and The LEGO Message Boards Movie. The Master NXT munched on the ideas for several hours, devising their preliminary scripts. The next week, the Master NXT unveiled its proposals. The executives present were initially appalled, but after the Galidor Trilogy and ongoing Jack Stone movie franchise they were up for anything."

Title:

The LEGO Message Boards Movie: The Retiring

Premise:

With the end of the LEGO Message Boards looming, ex-sane man Smug Blastard Ninety-Four, along with Lou the Resident Skeleton, Deity Worshiper Sixty-Seven, and a bunch of other expendables that didn’t get top billing, must reach the border before the Erasure wipes out their home.

The LEGO Message Boards Movie: The Retiring

I sort of did the logo font in the style of Soviet propaganda posters, reflective of the dystopian Elimbies.

Brigs-Yesterday at 2:20 PM

I should probably go ahead and warn you that I'm for some reason writing a short fanfic about how the LEGO Group takes over Hollywood.

Ayliffe-Yesterday at 2:20 PM

...oh boy
10 people like this

CojzKtW.jpg

the sin o'piss of the mopie is that the butts come and destroy everything and thats why you dont sit on legos also i cant get LDD working 

4 people like this

21 hours ago, Ringtail said:

the sin o'piss of the mopie is that the butts come and destroy everything and thats why you dont sit on legos also i cant get LDD working 

lego-recycling-bins-3761.jpg

P.S: I've extended the end date by 20 days. You now have until the 25th to enter! Please enter this contest now please or I will be a sad ayliffe

1 person likes this

THE LEGO VINE MOVIE

k6ikaOR.png

2 people like this

large.Good-smaller-1.jpg.47d964bc2aa375b

The Lego System Movie!

Seeing as the year is 20XX and Lego has randomly decided to pull off movies left right and center they may as well be wacko enough to actually admit that these old themes existed. Follow [Hero1] across the wastelands of [Biome1], the hectic bustle of [Biome2], intergalatic travel to [Biome3], where he will meet [Hero2] to take [Macguffin1], only to find that it is part of a sinister plot by [BigBad1] involving [Macguffin2], [Macguffin3], and none other than [Chekov1]! Will [RocksFallEveryoneDies], or will [TheCavalry] forget his [Lampshade1] and join together, or will I run out of TVTrope references?

Features:

• Ancient, beloved heroes such as Johnny Thunder, Chief, Pepper, and more!
  • Old but not forgotten villians such as the Evil Ogel, the Stingrays, and more!
  • Long-discarded themes and environments such as Planet U, the Australian outback, the seven seas, and more!
  • The prevalence of the 2x4x1 brick as a Universal Building Block and more!
  • Logo built out of good ol' 2x2x1, 2x4x1, and 2x6x1 (& some slopes) to harken back to the good ol' days
  • Far too much satire in a description than is good for anyone and more!
3 people like this