WIndows 10

KrisDaKilla

Has anyone had any luck running Stunt Rally on Windows 10? always had a ton of fun playing it on vista and 7 but vant get it too work anymore anyone got any idea??

*digs up SR installation*

Mine runs totally fine on Win10 - but with a couple of notes. I'm using the command line parameter /FROMLAUNCHER with /NOINTROVIDEO and /FREEFORM. I'm also using integrated graphics as opposed to a graphics card.

I'd guess that those command line parameters do it - chances are it's the Win10 disk-DRM which has exploded (just google SafeDisc for more information). Create a shortcut to _msr.exe, right-click the shortcut, properties, and then in the target box write /FROMLAUNCHER /NOINTROVIDEO /FREEFORM

so you end up with something like this

"C:\AidenFiles\Lego Games\Racers 3 (StuntRally)\_msr.exe" /FROMLAUNCHER /NOINTROVIDEO /FREEFORM

/FROMLAUNCHER means the game no longer requires its disk to run. /NOINTROVIDEO does ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin, which is get rid of the intro cutscene. /FREEFORM allows you to actually control your car (although it does break some maps with regards to checkpoints and laps).

Give that a go. It's probably only /FROMLAUNCHER that will do the trick, but you can add the other two in anyway.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:12 PM, Sandboxer said:

I really recommend using the alternative installer, which helps you install the game on modern systems in an easier way!

Release v1.0.0 · le717/Stunt-Rally-Alternate-Installer · GitHub

So i tried to run the game with the alternative installer, but when i try to actually start the game, i just get an error message telling me:"Missing or Invalid DSetup.DLL", which is probably because you need the DirectX 7.0a version.

Edit:
I fixed the problem in simly downloading the DirectX file. Just download the game as intented, but click no when he ask you to download the DirectX version.
Then download "d3drm.dll" and put it into the C://Programms (86)/LEGO Media/LEGO Stunt Rally

and it should work

(dunno how it works without CD)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.