[Tut] Ripping Models From TTLEGO Games using Ninja Ripper

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey, howdy. It is to my awareness that a few people here have had trouble ripping from some of the modern LEGO Games. So I'm here to show you just how it's done. First in a video, and secondly in text. Here we go!

Sorry about the random mic blows. It's my first time using a wind-sensitive mic, if you couldn't tell.

1. So the first thing you're going to want to do is get Ninja Ripper from here, and Noesis from here.

2. Once you've got the two program folders extracted, stick the "fmt_ninjaripper_rip.py" that came with Ninja Ripper into Noesis' \plugins\python folder. You're going to need to have this set up for later.

3. Open Ninja Ripper. On the right side of the "exe" path line, press the button with the three dots and select the .exe of the game/program you want to rip from. As an optional, you can change the output directory after you select your exe too.

4. Almost ready! But before we head off to the game, double check your settings so you know your ripping keys, and also see what injection or wrapper method you have selected (this is the drop-down below the big "Run" button). For most TTLEGO games d3d9 wrapper works fine, but for something like LEGO Worlds I find I need to use to its DX11 .exe and use the d3d11 wrapper for it.

5. Ready to go? Hit run. Now that you're in the game, go to the thing you want to rip. Hit your rip key, and wait. Yes, the game will freeze while it is ripping, so don't worry!

6.  Go to your output directory, and within the "_NinjaRipper" folder you will find your rip folder and your .rip files inside, should everything have gone well. Good, now that we know it ripped we can proceed.

7. Open up Noesis and select one of the rip files. The program will load all the .rip at once, so be patient. Once it is loaded, you can either go through all the models one by one until you find what you want, or you can batch convert them all at once. I'll be batching. From the menu bar and the tools menu drop-down, select the "batch process" option.

8. In the batch process menu, make sure the input type is "rip". Output extension can be of many formats, like obj, dae, fbx, etc. I'll be using obj, so I'll put "obj" in the output extension field. As this is an obj, we need to give Noesis an additional parameter to get the mtl file to export, and that command is "-objmtl". As a recomendation, I suggest changing "$inpath$\$inname$_files\$inname$out.$outext$" to "$inpath$\$inname$.$outext$". This will put all the converted models to the same folder instead of individual.

9. Almost ready to blender, but before we do, I suggest getting this batch import plugin, the 2nd response, the one with "io_import_multiple_objs.py" in it is what you want. I won't be covering plugin installing, so look that up if you need. Okay, so now that we're set up. Select the multiple obj import button (if you installed the plugin), select all your obj files, and wait for them all to import.

10. At this point its pretty much just picking apart the jumbled model mess to find exactly what you need, and fixing up textures should it be needed (not needed most of the time), and smoothing out the model.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

What grappigegovert said. But doing that also leads to a chain reaction of "run as admin". If you run NRipper as admin, then you'll also have to run Noesis as admin to access those files.

I did it, but I got only a txt file in the folder, not the file folder like you had.

where is the ripper key? I tried with F9 but nothing

ok, looks like I got something, but for noesis "could not be previewed"

Fluffy Cupcake
12 hours ago, TwiztidHate said:

so when i try to batch convert it tells me "you must generate a command list" 

This error comes if you don't press "folder batch" and select a folder with valid files in it (aka input extension match).

The space with the orange text in it below is the "command list". It automatically fills up when you select a folder with files matching the input extension.

Command_List.png

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

The one that comes with Ninja Ripper. The "fmt_ninjaripper_rip.py" file. It is outside the x86/x64 folders. You need to put that .py file in Noesis' \plugins\python\ folder (the place shown at 3:11 in the video)

Do you have lego marvel avengers? I have it but I don't know why I can't get the 100 save game on it, (I tried everything!) and I'd like a model from there (hydra computer stuff), can you get it and share it there?

I already tried with it, but I don't know the problem: I installed the game two times, (with different files, not at the same time) and I put the game save folder everywhere in the pc, but nothing.

Maybe it could be because as I didn't find the required folders I did them by myself with the same name.

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

how to solve "check that copy directory is writable"?

Easy. Folder properties. This needs to be unchecked.

Read_Only.png

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

how to solve "check that copy directory is writable"?

Easy. Folder properties. This needs to be unchecked.

Read_Only.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.