No Direct3D Hardware Acceleration on Windows 10

Lop Huckawuckie

Lop Huckawuckie

I'm been running the 1999 version of Lego Racers on Windows 10. I just upgraded to a new custom-built PC, and now I can only run in RGB software emulation mode. I've tried using the -select3d command line flag, but hardware based Direct3D is not an option for me anymore. Consequently, I get annoying black boxes behind the transparent textures.

-I've got a GTX 1060 (3 GB) card with the most up to date NVidia drivers.

-I've downloaded the DirectX 9 redistributable and installed it.

-I've tried the -alphatrans command line flag (but like I said, the issue is that I can only do software emulation).

Any suggestions on how to get hardware acceleration working on this new computer?

Fluffy Cupcake

Hmm, strange. It's a long shot but does changing OS in compatibility mode do anything? How about running the game 16-bit colour windowed mode?

Lop Huckawuckie

I just fixed it! Here's what I think fixed it for me, although your mileage may vary etc.:

I download and ran this control panel applet for DirectX 9:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_directx_control_panel.html

Then I unchecked and rechecked the Hardware Acceleration boxes under Direct3D and DirectDraw, then hit Apply.

(I also tried running the DirectX 6 setup, which didn't let me do anything, but it did have a box for Hardware Acceleration which was already checked so...)

Hope that helps someone!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.