skeleton saga 5: land of polygonal suffering

lol username

Why does the game start stuttering when you swim into collision boxes-

oh right

that's why

it's LI2, it doesn't need a reason l405G.jpg

It's lagging because the main island model is completely screwed up and likely messing with its culling system, not anything to do with collision (which is handled separately).

Sometimes obj2msh doesn't work correctly, depending on what exact changes you try to make and/or the alignment of the stars. Funny thing is, the game isn't always consistent with how it handles broken models - 9/10 times I tried playing the game with this modified land.msh file, it would just crash during the load screen. Occasionally it would finish loading and let me walk around as seen in the video (and when that happened, the exact way the model appeared corrupted didn't seem consistent either, though I haven't completely verified that). Whether or not high detail mode is enabled also seems to affect if a model crashes the game, or appears broken, etc. In short, there's a lot of possibilities for how the game handles broken models depending on the exact conditions the game is in, some of them not being obvious enough to pin down easily... So it's hard to know if that model you just edited that works is actually 100% fine, or if it'll cause a mysterious crash later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.