LegoRR.exe has stopped working (nightmare)

Family Wants RR Back

Family Wants RR Back

As with any archaic software, we encounter problems on newer machines and troubleshooting is incredibly difficult.

We've had a copy of Rock Raiders for years now and have been able to play it. At one point, the d3drm.dll gave us trouble but it was promptly solved. However, very recently the game has decided to spit a "LegoRR.exe has stopped working..." error every time someone attempts to launch the game.

I've spent the past several hours digging for a solution on this site from past experiences but alas, nothing seems to be working.

The System:

Windows Vista 32bit

Pentium Dual-Core 2.5 GHz

4GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

This is a very simple system that used to be able to run rock raiders but recently has been giving us fits. There's a similar problem thread here...

But the thread died out as a solution was seeming to be found. In my case, I appear to missing files and perhaps the installation is messed up/corrupted. An "Alternate Installer" does not seem to have helped but I may have used it incorrectly.

I also went ahead and tried the sticky post...

The end result was no difference, still the LegoRR.exe has stopped working.

Since it's like 3AM and i've been at this for hours, i'm taking a break. We desperately need some assistance to get our Rock Raiders back!

• 11 months later...

Sorry no one replied to this, you've probably long left by now, but if you're ever trying this again let us know. Potentially to do with copy protection.

:thumbsup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.