Can't think of a title for this topic?

ReflectedMantis

ReflectedMantis

Is it possible to change how long the race will continue after you finish the race? Like instead of just keeping it going for 10 seconds in single races and 15 seconds in circuits, how about trying to let the race run for 60 seconds in single races and 80 in circuits. Just an example. I'm guessing you need either a hex editor or cheat engine.

OR... If we can't do that, is it possible to change how fast the game will run when we use the FSTFRWRD cheat. I would use cheat engine to slow the game down to normal.

The reason I want to do this is so when I do a versus race, whoever is losing can have a chance to finish if they're too far behind to do so. However I haven't seen any evidence of it being possible because I have been trying to do both  all month. But if it is possible, can someone please tell me how?

Fluffy Cupcake

Hex editor and Cheat Engine are both plausible answers. It seems on single the time from end to when it starts fading is 9 seconds with 1 second of fade, so I tried mass replacing all hex equivalent of 9s and 10s in the .exe but didn't find anything spectacular in regards to results time.

As for the game speed with FSTFRWRD, not likely. Cheat Engine speedhack is the only way to change the game's running speed.

• 4 weeks later...
grappigegovert

I took a crack at this and found the addresses of the number you want to change in the exe:
These are the values used that control the fade-out effect and the ending of the race in single races and versus races (and timetrials? dunno)
If you have the (no-drm)1999 version:

Spoiler

At offset 0x34EBD is the value 9000(ms). This is the time the game waits before it starts darkening the screen.
At offset 0x34F31 is the value 10000(ms). After this time, the race ends.

Or, if you have the 2001 version:

Spoiler

At offset 0x1B4FD is the value 9000(ms). This is the time the game waits before it starts darkening the screen.
At offset 0x1B572 is the value 10000(ms). After this time, the race ends.

• Like 3

ReflectedMantis

So  how do I know  that this is what I have.I mean,I  know I have  the 1999  version,   but Is it DRMor  not?

15 minutes ago, TheBerg said:

So  how do I know  that this is what I have.I mean,I  know I have  the 1999  version,   but Is it DRMor  not?

If the disc is required to play it, it has DRM.

ReflectedMantis
1 hour ago, mumboking said:

If the disc is required to play it, it has DRM.

Ok, thanks. Now I know I have the no-DRM version.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:03 PM, grappigegovert said:

I took a crack at this and found the addresses of the number you want to change in the exe:
These are the values used that control the fade-out effect and the ending of the race in single races and versus races (and timetrials? dunno)

Reveal hidden contents

At offset 0x34EBD is the value 9000(ms). This is the time the game waits before it starts darkening the screen.
At offset 0x34F31 is the value 10000(ms). After this time, the race ends.

Or, if you have the 2001 version:

Reveal hidden contents

So how would I do this. I tried searching it on my hex editor (HxD) and using cheat engine, but I couldn't figure out how to do anything.

Fluffy Cupcake

In HxD:

1. Hit Ctrl+G. This will bring up a Goto menu. Make sure hex mode is selected. Input either of the two address grappigegovert gave and you should be greeted with the value "28 23" or "10 27" depending on which one you went to.
  2. Get a decimal to hexdecimal calculator on hand (the stock one Windows convert this) and punch in your desired number in decimal. Convert it to hex.
  3. After getting the hex equivalent of the number you want, reverse its endian. For example 9000 in decimal is "2328" hex, or more clearly "23 28". This in reverse would be "28  23". If you still can't figure out reverse by now, no problem. Put your hex value in the input box here and then select the "raw" data under the "Float - Little Endian (DCBA)" box.

ReflectedMantis

Wow. I figured it out now.

I set it to 500 seconds using Xiron's instructions. It seems when your racer completes a lap as an AI, he/she will have normal AI physics. Sometimes it messes up on Ice planet pathway, rocket racer run, and alien rally asteroid. But now I finally have a chance to finish the race when my friend laps me >:(.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Noob Slayer

I downloaded HxD simply to try this out and I couldn't find either of the offsets mentioned in this thread. I don't even have offsets that go all the way up to Ox. Strange. I can post a screen of what I DO have if y'all want one

grappigegovert

'0x' simply indicates that it is a hexadecimal number, so if I say '0x34EBD' you'll want to be looking at offset 34EBD if your offsets are in hexadecimal (probably a setting in your editor), and if your offsets are in decimal that same offset will say 216765.

Noob Slayer

Okay, got it! So I'm up to the point where I got my hex value and reversed its endian, but now I'm a bit confused as to how I'd plug it into HxD. I want to do 500 seconds like TheBerg did.

Noob Slayer

I figured it out! Went down to 180 seconds cause 500 is way too much for the end of a circuit race. ?

THIS IS SO COOL! This is an awesome find!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.