LEGO Island 2 Skeleton Mod

lol username

boxDjAQ.png

ttf9Exn.png

This mod makes things significantly more spooky.

Download:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/409

Navigate to where you installed LEGO Island 2 and place the z02LGI folder from the downloaded zip into the _data folder. The game should automatically read from it instead of the z02LGI .bob and .bod files.

Note that due to how LI2 works, this only affects the main island, and there are some quirks, including:

• Some things are white that shouldn't be (due to shared textures; we can't really change how this works).
  • The normals on the chest are wonky. That's just how LI2's skeleton model is.
  • The skeleton face texture lacks all the possible expressions, so sometimes you'll briefly see solid white faces during cutscenes/talking with people.
  • Due to UV mapping/model differences, the faces appear as different sizes on different minifigures - it's too small on Pepper (and has a slight black border), a decent size on most minifigures, and perfect on BricksterBots and uh... Pete Bog. Pete Bog is special.
  • Speaking of Pete Bog, his head now levitates above his body until you get up close. I found this too funny to fix.
  • The Brickster still has the normal hand models. I might fix this later. At least they're the right colors. FIXED
  • The Brickster appears as a normal minifigure when flying the helicopter in the escape cutscene, and I think the BricksterBots that kidnap Mama and Papa might too. That's because they're separate models. Maybe sorta "fixable"...

So yeah, try downloading it and playing through the first part of the game up to Whack-a-Bot or something. It's oddly amusing.

Some more screenshots:

qF4fVdS.png

peM0PLz.png

PsVMaCn.png

EDIT: Fixed the Brickster's hands because they were bugging me too much. Updated download link.

EDIT: Switched to another skeleton model in LI2 that's still broken but in a slightly less ugly way, fixed a LOD issue with Pepper's head.

• lol username featured this topic

qD08dCk.pngKfB23DQ.png

There's two models in LI2 for the skeleton body - SKEL_HR.msh and MUMM_HR.msh.

The first one, SKEL_HR.msh, can be found in the Board Park and Whack-a-Snake data. The second one, MUMM_HR.msh, and can be found in the Castle Island and Matching Mummies data.

The comparison there is of SKEL_HR.msh from the Board Park and MUMM_HR.msh from Matching Mummies. Presumably the other copies of the models are the same (they're the same file sizes) but I don't have time at the moment to put them in-game and check. (Edit - Checked them with an MD5 comparison tool, they are.)

Anyway, they're both messed up - SKEL_HR.msh has wonky normals on the torso, MUMM_HR.msh has wonky normals on the arms. I think the problems with MUMM_HR.msh are less of an eye sore than the ones with SKEL_HR.msh though, so I might switch this mod over to using it instead.

• Like 2

Updated to use MUMM_HR.msh and also fixed a LOD thing with Pepper's head. Spent a lot of time today messing with editing head models but it's a mess due to how hardcoded this game is, so there's no changes there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just remembered there's animated skeletons in Brick Dive. Turns out there's two models for them, MUM_HRbody.msh and MUM_DIVEbody.msh. But, one doesn't work...

ujAfWKl.png

... and the other really doesn't work.

TA4V4MD.png

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.