Why is the captain's arm blue?

ZuTheSkunk

I swear, this question has been bugging me since I was a kid.

Like, what is even the deal with that arm? That blue solid color makes it seem frozen. Is there any backstory behind it? Is it cybernetic? If so, how did the guy lose it?

If I remember correctly, one of the books mentions that it is indeed a cyber arm, and that he lost his original in a run-in with a Rock Monster as some point before the Rock Raiders were stranded in Planet U's orbit. Which is kind of weird.

Ah, so that's the backstory. Thanks, you guys. :)

Still though, I really have to question the choice of making it all blue with no details. Like I said, I always thought that it looks as if he got it all frozen or something. Were the LEGO minifigures less detailed back then? Surely it couldn't have been that much problem to make it dark gray or black or, I dunno, paint a few wires or whatever on it to make its robotic-ness a bit more apparent?

Eh, one of those artistic choices that will be a mystery for the ages.

Yeah, minifigures didn't start getting arm printing until some time later. I might be wrong, but I think the first one with arm printing was Greedo in 2004.

Oh, just as a side note - the bit about Chief seeing a rock monster in his youth comes from the game manual:

IMoS4p7.png

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.