LEGO Island's 20th Anniversary will be in October 2017...

tfishell

Any ideas on how to celebrate it when the time comes? (I know it's still a year away.) I toyed with the idea of trying to organize a fan remake, but I am skeptical that'd work out. :P

For the 15th anniversary, I was looking into making a full-scale recreation of the island (along the lines of the original model, with foam and other model train-type landscaping for most of it)... But I wanted the buildings to be as accurate as possible. And it turns out a lot of them use a window piece that could only be accurately represented by one or two real real pieces, both of which were SUPER rare... Like, one of them was only in one set, and that set only contained one of the pieces. Bricklink hardly had any for sale... I think they'd mostly been bought by the guy who made these, haha (and it seems he wasn't even able to get enough to complete them 100% accurately, note how the infocenter has less rear windows than it should). But hey, it's LEGO Island, the games had no real consistency, even between their own intros/FMVs and the actual games. So maybe a big LEGO Island mashup model would be fine, if somebody wanted to.

Fluffy Cupcake
33 minutes ago, tfishell said:

I toyed with the idea of trying to organize a fan remake, but I am skeptical that'd work out. :P

Right this way, it's the most successful one to date. http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/7071-i-recreated-lego-island-in-unity-5/

@Terrev You were saying you "planned" 4 years ago, is there still a plan to do it?

4 minutes ago, Xiron said:

@Terrev You were saying you "planned" 4 years ago, is there still a plan to do it?

Nah, I don't have time/money/space for it these days. Or rather, other things take those priorities. It's a neat idea but not neat enough for me sacrifice other things to do it myself.

• 2 months later...

We can celebrate by playing Lego The Hobbit.

Both have the same amount of general glitchiness, but one is a mish-mash of unstoppable bugs with utterly non-unique characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll have v1.0 of Redux out by then. 9 months is a lot of time to get the game to an actual "recreation" state!

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.