• Mars Mission
    • Agents
    • Space Police
    • Ninjago
    • Scala
    • Minifigures
    • The Lego Movie
    • Serious Play

All themes based on movies or shows were not included (except for TLM)

If you think there is another theme more violent than the ones shown,  please reply with the name of that theme.

(Serious play was added because the title sounded threatening)

fabuland is post-apocalyptic chima. the chi ran dry and the world fell into chaos. without chi, modern technology was eventually achieved, but at what cost? so few are left to reap these benefits. 

• Like 8

what what what what what

Out of the choices you listed, MM's the only one I'd even consider violent (Agents doesn't even compare IMO), and most of that's due to the Crystalien Conflict Game. I actually think Dino Attack would even overtake MM, but others may think differently about that.

• Like 2

Well, to be honest, I have never seen any violent LEGO themes ever in my life. The only violent LEGO theme I can think of, is Dino Attack - any LEGO themes besides that, isn't that violent. Just saying.

Mars Mission is kinda hecked up ethically if you think about it and Space Police had that issue with the question of Space Racism, but neither of those are really 'violent' per say.  Dino Attack looked violent but all the story material was like "the ship is equipped with dual NON-LETHAL TRANQUILIZER CANONS" so there actually isn't much violence there unless you want to read into the situation that led to a perpetually burning cityscape.

I'm pretty sure one of the Pirates audio dramas had Gov. Broadside attempting to kill off the crew of a Spanish ship to make off with the gold they were carrying so yeah I'd probably say that was the most violent theme. People weren't afraid to talk about killing even if it didn't really happen on-screen, so to speak. That's something modern themes can't get away with

• Like 3

Dazzgracefulmoon

I thought the aliens in mars mission were from a different planet, and it was the minifigs and the aliens racing to get ores, instead of minifigs invading it

1 hour ago, Dazzgracefulmoon said:

I thought the aliens in mars mission were from a different planet, and it was the minifigs and the aliens racing to get ores, instead of minifigs invading it

That's true as far as I know. I was thinking more of the humans putting the aliens in tubes and examining their bodies in labs and appearing to use them to power their ships.

Now that I think of it, Mars Mission and Power Miners sort of have the same story.  Earth is looking for a new power source, finds it, and are attacked by the original users of the crystal.

Earth makes vehicles like the crystal reaper or the crystal sweeper to collect the crystals or to attack the monsters/aliens.  Both themes have humans driving the other species to extinction.  Very violent indeed.

Wait, if Mars Mission is about human kind (Minifig-kind??) taking resources from a planet that doesn't belong to them, then does that mean the Rock Raiders are the evil villians on Planet U and the Slimey Slugs, Rock Monsters and Rockwhales are defending their precious and rare resources??

3 minutes ago, Ben24x7 said:

Wait, if Mars Mission is about human kind (Minifig-kind??) taking resources from a planet that doesn't belong to them, then does that mean the Rock Raiders are the evil villians on Planet U and the Slimey Slugs, Rock Monsters and Rockwhales are defending their precious and rare resources??

wasn't talking about rock raiders,  rock raiders are trying to find energy crystals to power the LMS so they can go back home.  Power miners are taking energy crystals from the rock monsters to power the civilization above.  But the crystal are the rock monster's food source and the "humans" will keep taking from their food supply for power.

22 minutes ago, origamihero said:

wasn't talking about rock raiders,  rock raiders are trying to find energy crystals to power the LMS so they can go back home.  Power miners are taking energy crystals from the rock monsters to power the civilization above.  But the crystal are the rock monster's food source and the "humans" will keep taking from their food supply for power.

The Power Miners story was actually that the rock monsters were eating the crystals and burping or something like that so much it was causing cataclysmic earthquakes on the surface. So they were collecting the crystals to stop the most embarrassing apocalypse of all time

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ben24x7 said:

then does that mean the Rock Raiders are the evil villians on Planet U and the Slimey Slugs, Rock Monsters and Rockwhales are defending their precious and rare resources??

this is acknowledged and discussed somewhat in the stories. they only act in self-defense and try to take only what they need. the game tries to acknowledge this too with the shooting stopping when the monster starts to retreat, but you can just use a laser beam or electric fence and slaughter those bastards. but they aren't really dead they just split up into babies and run away.

I take it back, LEGO Friends is actually the most violent theme:

friends.png?w=518

I know it's just a MOC, but whatever

13 hours ago, Sadie Meowsalot said:

You forgot Jack Stone
-snip-

Kinda ironic when he lives in (I think) a town called Safeville, y'know? :P

• Like 3

Some misc points:

LEGO Battles had the Mars Mission aliens crash landing on Mars and trying to use the crystals to power their ship and get back home. The human side discovered the crystals coincidentally around the same time and the two sides started fighting over them. The mission text in the game described it a bit more, but here's the cutscenes:

It ends with the aliens finally getting enough crystals to leave Mars, complete with a very Rock Raiders-reminiscent cutscene of them loading energy crystals into their ship's power system. Oh, there's also a subplot with Space Police chasing criminals who'd escaped to Mars, but that's mostly irrelevant.

Also, the plot of Insectoids involved a group of Zotaxians (the aliens from the UFO theme) who fled from their "cruel leader" after a civil war, and escaped to a hollow planet called Holox. The planet's surface was too barren to support life, but when they went inside they found giant Bilgen Bugs living around and hatching eggs from the energy of an "inner sun" (don't question the physics of this too much). So they disguised their vehicles as insects, made voltstones (like solar batteries) that looked like bug eggs, and destroyed bug eggs to put voltstones in their place. The bugs caught on and things generally got a bit more dangerous.

tl;dr lego really likes conflicts between aliens over power sources in space

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fragrant said:

those poor little rock peoples just want to eat gemstones

hey that's rude don't talk about new agers like that

Just now, Ringtail said:

hey that's rude don't talk about new agers like that

but the rock monsters want to eat not to starve to death because of those mean rock raiders

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but how is TLM not being voted higher? Visible decapitation, removing a man's face, a man who lost all his limbs and carries his organs in a chest, tons of background deaths (flattened islander, knights thrown into lava, Metalbeard's first crew, etc.). Mars Mission probably beats it with Crystalien Conflict (and that minigame where you'd eventually get eaten), but I'm surprised nobody brought up TLM's details yet.

On 11/4/2016 at 7:01 PM, TheDiplomat said:

tons of background deaths (flattened islander, knights thrown into lava,

I don't remember the first one, when/where was it?

Also, the second one reminds me... First, if you haven't read through this yourself already but want to, do that:

If you don't care about spoiling this early (and very different) version of the story, or you've already read it:

Spoiler

The main villain (then a character named the Black Falcon) died when a big robot of his exploded, sending him flying across the world and into a volcano. Brutal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terrev said:

I don't remember the first one, when/where was it?

In the attack on Cloud Cuckoo Land, a "relic"  baseball rolls over a CMF Islander minifig, leaving a bunch of Islander-coloured tiles in its place.

Also, yep, I already saw that draft, though I hadn't stopped to consider how brutal of a death that would be. I'm really glad TLM ended up how it did, rather than being too loyal to that first draft or anything.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

In the attack on Cloud Cuckoo Land, a "relic"  baseball rolls over a CMF Islander minifig, leaving a bunch of Islander-coloured tiles in its place.

Oh god, I never noticed that. Reminded me of this, except a bit more horrifying (but still funny... in a horrible sorta way):

Also, just remembered the pig that splatters into sausage pieces when it hits the ground, in the scene where they're falling onto the train in the wild west. Hah.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.