Returning After Many Years

Ben_R_R

Hello Everybody!

I highly doubt anyone here remembers me. (And I'd be hard pressed to remember anyone besides gmjab/Cyrem)

About 8 years ago there was a topic in the neoseeker forums about wad files and modding Lego RR. All we had at that point was some really primitive map editor gmjab had made. I posted stuff here and there for a while -- I seem to remember trying to make a castle raiders texture mod -- then life hit and I dropped off the face of the planet without so much as a goodbye... Sorry about that...

8 years latter, I'm back. Pleased to meet'cha!

Here is some stuff I've been working on (And some super old stuff):

A 2400+px vector trace of the Rock Raiders Drill logo -- I know the lines look too wide, but trust me, they are accurate:  Link because it's a huge image

Re-imagining the Rapid Rider design, and the Rock Raiders color scheme:

Ey4rRNy.jpg

1e4E98e.jpg

One of the very first things I posted on the forums a million years ago -- Eesh... Don't know what I was thinking:

HJr0w9N.jpg

Found an old Castle Raiders Screen Shot, This is about all I ever did. Maybe I'll finish it someday...

0DfIXtW.png

Yup.. That's about it for now... Thanks for reading!

- Ben_R_R

Fluffy Cupcake

Well hey there old timer, welcome! Pleased to meet ya. Have one of my signature welcome waffles. :wffl:

Anyhow, I guess things sure have developed lots since you were gone all that time. The modding department is a little slow, but it's there. Your castle texture mod would be more than welcome should you ever finish it! It most certainly does have a... interesting look to it, but in a good way though! It certainly is unique.

I may not know you, but its great to see old members return (even if its temporarily), so hullo, hullo, and welcome back to the good ol' home of Classic LEGO game modding.

I remember your existence as member #2 and those screenshots, but I joined the community 8 months after your last visit, and I think I'm one of the earliest active members here. Cyrem's still around, but he got married and stepped down as admin, so he's not as active these days. Regardless, I hope things aren't too different and that you can find a place to fit in here. Modding isn't as prevalent these days, tbh at this point we're just a community with some shared interests and history. Also LRR doesn't like Windows 10 or AMD drivers and a lot of us have one or both so. I'd still welcome any new activity in that area tho, assuming I can finally get the game running lmao.

13 hours ago, Xiron said:

Well hey there old timer, welcome! Pleased to meet ya. Have one of my signature welcome waffles. :wffl:

Anyhow, I guess things sure have developed lots since you were gone all that time. The modding department is a little slow, but it's there. Your castle texture mod would be more than welcome should you ever finish it! It most certainly does have a... interesting look to it, but in a good way though! It certainly is unique.

Yeah, I was reading through some old posts. It's really amazing what everyone has done, and how far we've come. I'm not really big into modding these days, more the old fashioned plastic bricks, but looking at what is possible these days, I just might get back into it.

1 hour ago, Ringtail said:

I remember your existence as member #2 and those screenshots, but I joined the community 8 months after your last visit, and I think I'm one of the earliest active members here. Cyrem's still around, but he got married and stepped down as admin, so he's not as active these days. Regardless, I hope things aren't too different and that you can find a place to fit in here. Modding isn't as prevalent these days, tbh at this point we're just a community with some shared interests and history.

I've always been a bit of a lurker, but even after all these years I still like Rock Raiders, and I'm glad to see that there is a community of like mind people, even if it's not all that active anymore.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :-)

Yeah, I'm back too guys! :) After many years, I helped out trying to find out how many different versions of Lego racers there were and which had trophies. The 1999 version and the 2001 version are very different.

I also helped with finding cheat engine cheats. If you guys remember any of that cool stuff! I am just wondering how much progress has been made in the three years that I have been gone. Dang, has it really been that long? Seems like I was just here yesterday. Although the format of the site has changed, and for the better because it looks great!

Fluffy Cupcake

Ohey, someone else not as old is back too! Welcome back! I certainly remember your activities around, Modded Lego. Now, I personally don't keep a timestamp on when major things happen, I just know they do. Someone else might be able to better fill you in of what important things you missed in the last 3 years. Now that you've mentioned cheat engine, I know some updates have definitely been done to the cheat tables. As for the modding department, two years ago a boulder fell on it and things have slowed to a crawl there ever since.

sheepandshepherd
20 minutes ago, Xiron said:

As for the modding department, two years ago a boulder fell on it and things have slowed to a crawl there ever since.

You could even say... that a landslide has occurred on it  :af:

Ah, I remember discovering RRU through those Neoseeker posts with the ancient tools. At least it was a step up from using a hex editor on the WAD before being able to extract lego.cfg, haha. I never stuck around for long though, cause I was bouncing back and forth between other games.

The vector logo looks nice. Also, the "ice ore" in the first picture made me realize something - it's kinda illogical that drilling in LRR's ice biomes drops brown ore instead of something like that! Never noticed when I played LRR.

Fluffy Cupcake
17 minutes ago, sheepandshepherd said:

You could even say... that a landslide has occurred on it  :af:

I use to say things like that, but then I took a stone to the knee.

• 2 weeks later...
ReflectedMantis
On 10/3/2016 at 8:20 PM, Modded Lego said:

Well at least the cheat engine part of Lego Racers has thrived. I'm sad to hear that the modding has died out.

That really stinks, because that was one of the main reasons I joined. Everything to do with modding was on this site. I have made a basic power-up relocation mod in lego racers, but since it seems no one goes in there, I probably will not ever post any of my mods that I make either. :(

3 hours ago, TheBerg said:

That really stinks, because that was one of the main reasons I joined. Everything to do with modding was on this site. I have made a basic power-up relocation mod in lego racers, but since it seems no one goes in there, I probably will not ever post any of my mods that I make either. :(

You're looking at it backwards. People aren't making/posting mods regularly, so there's not discussion of it regularly. Not the other way around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheBerg said:

but since it seems no one goes in there, I probably will not ever post any of my mods that I make either.

and this is why modding has died

ReflectedMantis
1 hour ago, Ringtail said:

and this is why modding has died

Yeah, guess so.

1 hour ago, Xiron said:

I'd like, respond and possibly use mods if you posted them.

If you really insist, I will post my relocated powerups later if I can.

ReflectedMantis
Just now, Ringtail said:

then break the cycle and start making stuff

I will, I will. Just got to make a few tweaks to my power-up mod, and I'll let people try it

Holy damn! You're the person that got me onto this forum! Back when I was a foolish 11 year old (7 years ago) I was googling for images of Rockraiders (and maybe for mods, didn't know they existed). I saw your images and images of the map editor and I was amazed! Thanks to those images I found out about Rockraiders United and joined it. I was a silly retard back then but I have good memories of this place thanks to you. Thank you so much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.