My Bike Sounds... Different

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Extract the files --> Toss extracted audio into hex editor --> Find out which export settings work in audacity to match up with the original files (that would be uncompressed - unsigned 8-bit PCM) --> create audio file at same hz and length as the one I want to replace --> check the bytes of original audio sound and do a search for the set of bytes to find its location in the archive (doable since the archive is uncompressed and not encrypted) --> copy over the data from the new sound over the one in the archive (while ignoring the .wav's header) --> Done.

I could likely very well do the same for images if I wanted to.

33 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Extract the files --> Toss extracted audio into hex editor --> Find out which export settings work in audacity to match up with the original files (that would be uncompressed - unsigned 8-bit PCM) --> create audio file at same hz and length as the one I want to replace --> check the bytes of original audio sound and do a search for the set of bytes to find its location in the archive (doable since the archive is uncompressed and not encrypted) --> copy over the data from the new sound over the one in the archive (while ignoring the .wav's header) --> Done.

I could likely very well do the same for images if I wanted to.

I sort of expected that... That's how I managed to swap textures in the Toy Story 2 PC game. I was just messing around seeing if it was possible. :P

14 minutes ago, mumboking said:

Oh god... Please try this music:

"[SFM] We like to party"

Wait, replace one of the songs on the jukebox with that (if you can).

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, in regards to music. The ones that get extracted aren't identical to the ones in the archive. Like for example Your Bricks Are Toast is 265F04 bytes extracted, while in the archive it is 26C1FC long (not including header). The start and tail are identical, but the mids are a bit different. So in the end it doesn't work out.

I've tried different extractors since multiple exists but all produce identical files.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.