Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xiron

My Bike Sounds... Different

13 posts in this topic

Yes I modded the sound.

11 people like this

0.0002/10 - It should've been "Green or Red brick, you stay!"

But in all seriousness, this is hilarious.

Extract the files --> Toss extracted audio into hex editor --> Find out which export settings work in audacity to match up with the original files (that would be uncompressed - unsigned 8-bit PCM) --> create audio file at same hz and length as the one I want to replace --> check the bytes of original audio sound and do a search for the set of bytes to find its location in the archive (doable since the archive is uncompressed and not encrypted) --> copy over the data from the new sound over the one in the archive (while ignoring the .wav's header) --> Done.

I could likely very well do the same for images if I wanted to.

33 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Extract the files --> Toss extracted audio into hex editor --> Find out which export settings work in audacity to match up with the original files (that would be uncompressed - unsigned 8-bit PCM) --> create audio file at same hz and length as the one I want to replace --> check the bytes of original audio sound and do a search for the set of bytes to find its location in the archive (doable since the archive is uncompressed and not encrypted) --> copy over the data from the new sound over the one in the archive (while ignoring the .wav's header) --> Done.

I could likely very well do the same for images if I wanted to.

I sort of expected that... That's how I managed to swap textures in the Toy Story 2 PC game. I was just messing around seeing if it was possible. :P

all's quiet on the eastern side of the island

3 people like this

Wait, does this work with music?

@ringtail NOPE *loud horn* *smash*

@ben24x7 Probably, but I haven't tried.

46 minutes ago, Xiron said:

@ben24x7 Probably, but I haven't tried.

Oh god... Please try this music:

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, mumboking said:

Oh god... Please try this music:

"[SFM] We like to party"

Wait, replace one of the songs on the jukebox with that (if you can).

Well, in regards to music. The ones that get extracted aren't identical to the ones in the archive. Like for example Your Bricks Are Toast is 265F04 bytes extracted, while in the archive it is 26C1FC long (not including header). The start and tail are identical, but the mids are a bit different. So in the end it doesn't work out.

I've tried different extractors since multiple exists but all produce identical files.