Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pereki

LEGO News
LEGO Life App - "It's full of... stuff"

8 posts in this topic

Please login or register to see this link.

I was flipping through the latest Club magazine online and it had an ad pointing me to... this. Don't let the video fool you, it's still being developed, so it looks like you can only try it out if you are in the UK at the moment. 

But just what is it? The video's maddening insistence on just using the word "stuff" wasn't helpful, but from what I gather from the actual site, it seems like Lego is trying to set up its own social network that focuses on building contests. Building contests for kids aren't very interesting for us mature, adult, LEGO™ Connoisseurs, but what may be interesting to us is the other stuff - a minifig avatar customizer for your profile, accounts 'belonging to' minifig characters (getting into MLN territory here), and "easy access to all the latest LEGO® news." There's also this, from the FAQ:

Question 13: Can I modify my username after creating it?
No, you are not allowed to modify your username without creating a new account. This would mean losing all progress you have made so far.

...which seems to imply game-like elements are part of the deal. So maybe this is quite literally going to be MLN 2.0.

Something to keep an eye on, I think!

5 people like this

Hm, I'm in the UK so maybe I'll give it a whirl and see what all the fuss stuff is about. 

1 person likes this

And its only available on the App store.

GGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

"An app full of cool stuff. An app full of your cool stuff. "

Stuff like this has to be intentional. "Let's introduce something totally stupid that little kids won't mind but that TFOLs/AFOLs will mock endlessly, giving us coverage from both groups!"

But then, with BIONICLE G2, maybe it isn't intentional...

But are the pictures going to be scanned by software so no inappropriate images get through and the comments restricted to a white list of allowed words? :af:

"Trade Too-tree-our axe!"

4 people like this

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

On 9/26/2016 at 1:09 PM, le717 said:

But are the pictures going to be scanned by software so no inappropriate images get through and the comments restricted to a white list of allowed words? :af:

"Trade Too-tree-our axe!"

I just had a flashback to people advertising their trades in Lego Universe. xD

1 person likes this

Wow it sounds... so... lifeless.

Seriously it's just LEGO Instagram.

POST PHOTO'S. WOW
POST COMMENTS ON PHOTO'S. WOW.
GET LIKES. WOW.

MAKE 8 YEAR OLD'S CRY BECAUSE YOU'RE THE BETTER BUILDER. WOW.
HAVE A USER PHOTO. WOW
READ OLD NEWS. WOW.
READ FAKE POSTS FROM MADE UP CHARACTERS. WOW.

WOW

maybe I'm just old.

2 people like this