My Options are running out

-Skylight-

I've tried so many things to get LRR working on my Windows 10 computer, and I just can't get it to work, after I installed it and restarted my computer, the game just wont run.

Here's some info that may help out with my issue.

dxdiag system info

dxdiag display info

Rock Raiders folder

LRR Shortcut Properties

Just to repeat, when I open all of the shortcuts that have to do with running LRR, the game just doesnt run, I do notice that the file appears on my task manager for a split second, then disappears, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Obligatory "have you tried running in windowed mode?"

Add -window (-windowed? Someone correct me) to the shortcut path. Where it says C:\Program Files\blahblahblah in the shortcut properties, just stick -window on the end. Outside the quotes IIRC.

If you've already done that and it doesn't help, I dunno what to say. Just gotta make sure you try it as it usually helps.

23 hours ago, Fush said:

Add -window (-windowed? Someone correct me) to the shortcut path. Where it says C:\Program Files\blahblahblah in the shortcut properties, just stick -window on the end. Outside the quotes IIRC.

If you've already done that and it doesn't help, I dunno what to say. Just gotta make sure you try it as it usually helps.

right here?

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2016 at 4:25 PM, Fush said:

Er, that's not how LRR runs in windowed. l405G.jpg It's how LR runs in windowed, but even then it needs reduced color properties - which I see you've done.

In any case, Windowed only deals with the lag you get from running in fullscreen.

Display settings on DPI resolutions isn't necessary... I think. l405G.jpg

My guess is you need that bane of LRR, d3drm.dll - you can either get it off my sig (which links to Oresome, RRU's uploader - download at your own risk), or drag it off your Lego Island CD. For some reason LRR want's LI's dll, not its own off the disk.

wait nevermind you've got that already & it looks the right size

I also noticed LegoRR.icd is not 0 kB, which means that it requires the disk to run. I also noticed that you're running Win10. I'm fairly sure that Win10 effectively removed the fact that old programs can check for their disks, which means you might never get it to run.... unfortunately. I think the program's called "SecuROM." I'm also fairly sure that because this is the internet, you should be able to find a suspicious-looking SecuROM remover which may possibly help things and in any case I haven't needed to resort to do that. (Thankfully!)

and yes I did notice the date

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.