Some glitch videos i made.... Just changing framerate makes this game go crazy

Robb

Seems this game can change a lot just from changing framerate.

By capping framerate to 15fps i managed to get out of bounds of adventure island as easy as this:

And then I used the tool for fast loading times and windowed mode, this also seemed to make the fps go to 300 instead of 60. So now this happens:

• Like 3

a lot of things in this game (and IXS) are tied to the framerate for some ungodly reason, instead of you know, actual time, i absolutely cannot fathom why they would do that,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ringtail said:

a lot of things in this game (and IXS) are tied to the framerate for some ungodly reason, instead of you know, actual time, i absolutely cannot fathom why they would do that,

Yes your right. I think the game uses vysnc when in fullscreen. So the framerate will be whatever your monitor hz is. But this makes no sense because 1 level in particular the bi plane level is coded for 30fps or something near that, when playing at 60 have to constantly crash into wall to pass, and any higher and it comes impossible even using that method xD. If you put the frame rate to extreme high or low the physics and collision seem to just take a s*** for the whole game.  Though it's fun to do just to glitch the crap out of the game :D 

7 hours ago, Ringtail said:

i absolutely cannot fathom why they would do that,

It's slightly easier and a lot dumber to perform actions on a per-frame basis without accounting for time or framerate. The developers were simply lazy or didn't have it in scope to manage framerate variations.

Haha yeah, collision gets reeaaaally messy in this game when you kill the framerate (as if it weren't messy enough at 60), I threw together a compilation of stuff like this a while back:

On 9/10/2016 at 6:57 AM, Alcom Isst said:

It's slightly easier and a lot dumber to perform actions on a per-frame basis without accounting for time or framerate. The developers were simply lazy or didn't have it in scope to manage framerate variations.

I never got why games that only run correctly at a certain framerate in the 90s never bothered locking the bloody framerate. 

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.