Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

zibib

TOOL RELASE | LR2 SAVE MANGER | version 1.1 - !!bugs fixed!!☺

11 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.  

Today I'm home --> Finally I can fix bugs and I AM☺☻☺

Please login or register to see this link.

I am glad to annouce about a beginning of new tool for our loved game.

currently this is only the first version. I want to add features to the luncher like a comfortable resolution control and parameters checkbox, but I won't be able to make updates soon.

In this version you can add many saves as you wish to your Please login or register to see this link.

this version created and tested only on win xp but i don't expct bugs.

please backup your save file before using this luncher. 

Edited by zibib
updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running on Windows 7 x64, here's some bugs (I'm using portable version):

  • Selecting any save gives a " unhandled exception" error.
  • When launching the game with the program, the screen flickers to black like it is going to launch the game but then nothing happens and I immediately get returned to my destkop (might be connected to error above?).
  • Creating a new save creates 0 byte files. Is this normal?
  • Pressing "new" and then cancel causes "unhandled exception" error.
  • Pressing "advanced" and the "change executable location" followed by cancel causes "unhandled exception" error.

 

-I actually have a partial note on resolution. In LR2.cfg the width is at bytes 4-5, and the height bytes 8-9.

-You called the tool LegoRacersSaveManager in the download. You really should add the 2 in there for less confusion.

-Can we get a launch parameter box? I usually like to play the game windowed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please upload a screenshot of the unhalded exception that happen when you chose save? I wish to fix it tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Xiron said:

I'm running on Windows 7 x64, here's some bugs (I'm using portable version):

  • Selecting any save gives a " unhandled exception" error.
  • When launching the game with the program, the screen flickers to black like it is going to launch the game but then nothing happens and I immediately get returned to my destkop (might be connected to error above?).
  • Creating a new save creates 0 byte files. Is this normal?
  • Pressing "new" and then cancel causes "unhandled exception" error.
  • Pressing "advanced" and the "change executable location" followed by cancel causes "unhandled exception" error.

 

-I actually have a partial note on resolution. In LR2.cfg the width is at bytes 4-5, and the height bytes 8-9.

-You called the tool LegoRacersSaveManager in the download. You really should add the 2 in there for less confusion.

-Can we get a launch parameter box? I usually like to play the game windowed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zibib said:

but i don't expct bugs.

 

Biggest understatement ever in programming. :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the funny thing. I use to actually get something under "your current save is: " Now I can't get anything no matter what I select.

Unhandled.png

 

Full copy-paste of "Details"

 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at LegoRacersSaveManager.Form1.replaceSave()
   at LegoRacersSaveManager.Form1.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LegoRacersSaveManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Username/Desktop/LegoRacers2SaveManager/portable%20version/LegoRacersSaveManager.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zibib said:

i don't expct bugs.

This is just begging for Murphy's law to happen. :P

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Ace Railgun said:

This is just begging for Murphy's law to happen. :P

 

1. Relevant: Please login or register to see this link.

2. It already did happen.

 

(OK. I'll stop posting here since I have nothing constructive to add.)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but I cant figure out how to fix it without computer with win7. So more 2 or 3 weeks I will try to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right here in Form1.replaceSave(), you're calling File.Move without checking that the target file (the file you're moving to) already exists.

If that target already exists, the function call fails and throws that error.
Fix: Write some code that checks to see if the target file exists, and handle that case accordingly.

pVQpicp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2016 at 9:39 AM, WillKirkby said:

Right here in Form1.replaceSave(), you're calling File.Move without checking that the target file (the file you're moving to) already exists.

If that target already exists, the function call fails and throws that error.
Fix: Write some code that checks to see if the target file exists, and handle that case accordingly.

Please login or register to see this link.

 

I know but I'm doesn't study near my home so , I can't fix the program until I will go to home. ( it will be somewhen at the end of the next week. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2016 at 5:39 PM, WillKirkby said:

Right here in Form1.replaceSave(), you're calling File.Move without checking that the target file (the file you're moving to) already exists.

If that target already exists, the function call fails and throws that error.
Fix: Write some code that checks to see if the target file exists, and handle that case accordingly.

Please login or register to see this link.

 Yesterday I fixed the bugs.

The most important bug was that if I'm using File.Create, I should write File.create("file name").close();

Else the created file is locked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now