Virtual XP - resolution?

RobberBaron

After many failed attempts at getting Lego Island to run on Windows 10, I've installed a virtual Windows XP (service pack 3) on my Mac and it works perfectly.

I haven't yet been able to configure the resolution of Windows XP to fill the screen so at the moment it's on 1024/768 (mac is 1280/800), but when I run Lego Island it's even smaller and doesn't fill the XP screen, leaving black borders around the outside. Can I fix this?

Well, LEGO Island always runs at 640x480. Any way to get the Windows XP VM running at 640x480, and then make the VM fullscreen on your Mac?

I apologise if this post is stupid, but I find LI to work mostly fine (until I faffed with the registry, whoops l405G.jpg) on my Win10, so I might be able to help you to get it to work there...

Have you tried fiddling around with the config program in the game's directory? I recall RAMP Emulation being the only one that worked...

... It might also be SafeDisc playing up. Running LI diskless is as easy as copying the Scripts folder on the disk to your hard drive (I think...?), which may possibly help.

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.