Chanding files on the tracks

ReflectedMantis

ReflectedMantis

So I am bored now, so I decided to do some poking around in the extracted jam file. It was then that I tried to change the collision, checkpoint files, powerup files, and AI path files from one track, into a different track. I wanted to keep the same original GDB files in the folder that I'm moving these files into. When I launched my game, everything went well. It played the intro, went to the main menu, and all that. However, When I try to go into the track, it says it wants the original GDB files from the track folder that I took the other files from. To try to be more clear, I wanted to race on

imperial grand prix, but have the powerups, paths, start position, checkpoints, and collision from royal knights raceway, but it wants me to take the GDB's from royal knights raceway and put them in the folder. To do what I am trying to do, what would I need to edit. To make me see Imperial Grand Prix, but basically race on royal knight's raceway?

I don't have LEGO Racers installed to check this, so I could be wrong here.

From what I can tell, you need to keep the "Imperial Grand Prix" WDB file.

WDB files define what objects are placed on the track and where they are placed.

• Like 1

ReflectedMantis

Well, I kinda got it now. Only when I get to the entrance of the cave, oddly, it detects the collision file that was originally there, i think. Even the AI's are affected by it. I got the ai paths and power ups from royal knights raceway, and I am able to pretty much race on it, it just won't let anyone continue past the cave entrance, which I am guessing is near the exit of the shortcut on royal knights raceway.

Fluffy Cupcake
16 hours ago, TheBerg said:

So I am bored now

Was the AI paths of LR2 too complicated for you to bother messing with? :( You kinda asked and then left after I replied. :P

Anyway, as for your LR predicament, I'm not really sure what that's about. I'm not an expert on Racers' files just yet. =P

• Like 1

ReflectedMantis
1 hour ago, Xiron said:

Was the AI paths of LR2 too complicated for you to bother messing with?

Yeah, that's part of it. I tried messing around with it for a little while, but I decided to leave it alone until I really figure out how to use hex editors. I tried to use that LR2 hex editor that I found somewhere in the lego racers 2 forums, but it won't work. Also, I kinda like LR1 more. It's easier to mod, I have better understanding of it's files, so that's what I tend to work harder on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.