I need help changing the language of my game!!

Winde

Fluffy Cupcake

I guess your game only installs in one language? Extract your game data file and go the \GAME DATA\TEXT\ directory, from there you should be able to find the language you want and switch the russian out one with another language.

For how to extract and play with modded files, see either this or this topic.

Russian is one language I have not heard of yet for this game, my /Text/ folder comes packed with 9 different languages, and Russian is not one of them.

Yeah so put the English file into the game data file?

Also is there a way we could speak on skype chat? Or maybe even telegram? Or even Twitter? It would be faster this way instead of the forums. My problem is vey weird and I'd like to solve this pretty quickly as I wanna play with mods. And that's kinda hard when your entire game is in Russia for whatever reason.

It's also worth mentioning this isn't installed from a cd or anything which is why the Russian is there in the first place but it also has English too but language settings aren't coming up in game and I'm confused, so any help via Skype or some chatting website would be very much appreciated!

Fluffy Cupcake

It's better talking in a place where many people can help you instead of a single person.

Have you got your game to run GTCless yet? If not, this video I made a few years ago should help some. https://youtu.be/09HaFgY9TZI The first minute of the video is all you need to get started playing with mods. After you have your game set up in a moddable state, just go around switching the language files in the folder I already specified. LEGO STRINGS.AME is American language, and LEGO STRINGS.BRI is Britain. I'm not sure which English you prefer but those are the two choices.

Fluffy Cupcake

There are many sites that allow for image/screenshot hosting such as Imagur and PostImage to name a few, even RRU has its own image uploader, but unlike other sites we can't delete images from RRU's photo gallery. So go ahead and give one of em a go.

I'm not on my computer right now so live video sharing wouldn't really work out.

Fluffy Cupcake

Looks normal. How does the internals of your "game data" folder look like? There should be 20+ folders in there including the one named "Text" if you have it extracted.

You actually have a folder I don't already called "languages", so that's interesting.

Fluffy Cupcake

Try moving gamedata.gtc compress.inf, and filelist.inf files all to your desktop while attempting to extract. Move the resulting game data folder (or whatever folders occur from it) to where the already existing game data folder exists in your game's directory. It should look something like this (but without the color coded folders - that's a personal customization)

Racers2extracted.png

So I installed rocket racer mod and that turned the language to English weirdly....so I guess my problem pretty much somehow solved itself.

Fluffy Cupcake

Huh, strange. Well, I'm glad you were able to solve your problem.

Well, have fun! If you want, feel free to share your experiences.

lol username

Странно , как язык закрепилась , но, по крайней мере, он работает сейчас . Дайте нам знать, если у вас есть какие-либо больше проблем !

Fluffy Cupcake

Good going Winde, I don't know how you did it, but somewhere during that "fix" you managed to conjure a language swap with Terrev. I demand you revert your changes and resolve this issue immediately!

;P

• Like 2

I dunno. I'm enjoying playing as Rocket Racer too much! Also something that I'm wondering is, is there any way you guys could get me Lego Soccer Mania for free? Maybe dropbox the install files to me? Or something? I miss that game so much and would love to get it somehow without spending cash.

41 minutes ago, Winde said:

Is there any way you guys could get me Lego Soccer Mania for free? Maybe dropbox the install files to me?

On 18/12/2015 at 1:27 AM, le717 said:

We don't support piracy, nor do we encourage or tell how/where to pirate, but we do provide troubleshooting and modding support regardless of how one obtains a copy of a game. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.