how to mod developer.cfg?

johnny

how do i modify developer.cfg? When I try to make changes to the file will change them back, and none of my ändrigar gave effects in the game.

i realy what to mod drome racers.

lol username

Where did you extract the game data files to? If you've got them in Program Files or something, you'll likely be needing to run your text editor as admin to save changes. Alternately, move your extracted files somewhere else while making your changes.

but its lik this on my computer F:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Interactive\Drome Racers\Game Data\system developer.cfg and thats the file im trying to modify but it wont work cause its change back to normal when runing the game. if you understand me im not good in english. :)

lol username

Yes, you have to run your text editor as admin, or your changes won't be saved. Or, move the files to somewhere that isn't in Program Files (x86), make your changes, then move them back.

just before i test when i modify that file its saved until i exit the game and when runing it nothing happens of that i edit hope your thing helps here thanks gonna try this. ;)

lol username

Looking at this old topic, it seems the game likes overwriting that file:

Are you running the game off of extracted game data, or just trying to change the config file like Cyrem was? The developer mode patcher doesn't work with my copy of the game, so I've always had to re-compile the whole GTC file to make changes to developer.cfg: 

it did not work when i chang for exampel. [cCore, RACERS, SINT32] (1 .. 6)        NumRacers = 1
[cAIDriver, AI, SINT32] (0 .. 1)        PinkHumans = 0
[cWeaponsManager, DEBUG, SINT32] (0 .. 8)        TestWeapon = 0
[cWeaponsManager, DEBUG, SINT32] (0 .. 1)        FireGivesWeapon = 0
// END OF FILE .

too

[cCore, RACERS, SINT32] (1 .. 6)        NumRacers = 1
[cAIDriver, AI, SINT32] (0 .. 1)        PinkHumans = 1
[cWeaponsManager, DEBUG, SINT32] (0 .. 8)        TestWeapon = 1
[cWeaponsManager, DEBUG, SINT32] (0 .. 1)        FireGivesWeapon =1
// END OF FILE 

and when i run the game i first think now it pink drivers and i can use weapons every time. but as always it just revert my changes to normal and. but some other hav made it to work and they used developer.cfg or ar they to files by the same name.? sorry if you dont understand. :):(

Fluffy Cupcake
16 minutes ago, Terrev said:

Yes, you have to run your text editor as admin, or your changes won't be saved.

Alternatively you can take ownership of the folder and all files within it to never be bothered with the UAC prompt to open as admin ever again.

My personal favourite way to do is a little registry hack that adds "take ownership" to your right click context menu. Googling "add take ownership" with your Windows version attached should do the trick. You can mass take ownership of a folder and all its files within this way with two clicks.

xiron it let me save the changes but when i start the game the things i saved just goes back to normal and nothings happes if you understand, :) and terrev how do you edit modify gtc files?

terrev thanx now i just need to kow hot to make game data back to gtc. :)

lol username

Ok, you've extracted it and made your modifications, right? So, click and drag the extracted GAMEDATA folder back onto ungtc.exe.

Terrev id did it by replacing GAME DATA over game data and deleted GAMEDATA.gtc ;) now its time to modify but if any one know is 20,7 km or mph start cap that the game use when you drive out on the track you know when start on the next race in a mcr? That speed cap sounded intresting. :) sorry for my English.

lol username

Look at GAME DATA\SYSTEM\AI:

In MAP1CONSTS.TXT:

// 1 Battery
"StartPathCapSpeed" = 20.0

MAP2CONSTS.TXT:

// 2 Foundry
"StartPathCapSpeed" = 27.5

etc

Most files for the tracks have that line, if they don't you could probably add it, or change it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.