LI2 Mod Manager

Jeff

pqmQmYT.png

LI2 Mod Manager is an evolution of the patcher program that I made a while ago.
The purpose of this program is to make it simple to install, remove, and distribute mods for Lego Island 2 (PC).

This program supports two types of mods:
Patch: Modify the hex values of the game's executable file.
File Replacement: Replace a game file with a modified one.

Installation
-1.) If you are running the game .bod/.bob-less then you must delete (or relocate) all of your unused .bod/.bob files from your _data folder. If you're not, ignore this. It still works with .bod/.bobs.
0.) Remove any mods you've previously installed manually. It might confuse the program otherwise.
1.) Download and unzip the latest version.
2.) Place the files in your Lego Island 2 installation folder so it looks like this:

l7l2CO3.png

Creating Mods

Visit this page for information on how to package mods.

Compatible Mods

Bi-Plane Fuel Fix - by Xiron & McJobless Download | Post | Thread

HD Font - by EDlTOR Download | Thread

Island Grass for Island 2 - by Xiron Download | Thread

Skateboard Speed Modifier - by Xiron Download | Thread

Skeleton Mod - by Terrev Download | Post | Thread

Sky Mods - by Xiron Download | Post | Thread

Walk on Tracks - by Xiron Download | Post | Thread

(If you make a mod that is packaged for this mod manager, post a link and I'll add it to the list.)

Mods that would work, but need to be packaged manually (see above: Creating Mods)

Fluffy Cupcake

I've heard this was in the works, but I had no idea when it was coming. A half hour after reading this post I immediately went and whipped up a couple sky mods. One makes all the regular blues nicer, and the other turns Castle Island from evening to day.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/384

Note: this mod is compatible for both versions that were released in the English language, but not those released in other languages as the offsets are different.

Edit: Also made my own official version of the Walkable Tracks Mod for the mod manager.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/385

By the way, I noticed you exampled some of my mods but they aren't actually included. You have my permission to put any of my mods you find worthy enough to be included in by default on the vanilla download.

Fluffy Cupcake

Sounds cutscene lights and waypoints aren't hardcoded as well to name a few more, we just haven't looked at them too much in depth.

Can you explain your process for uninstalling mods? As in, how do you make sure everything is removed/restored, and what if there is a conflict and two mods alter one file? I've been trying to think that over myself and I have yet to develop an ideal solution.

11 hours ago, Xiron said:

I've heard this was in the works, but I had no idea when it was coming. A half hour after reading this post I immediately went and whipped up a couple sky mods. One makes all the regular blues nicer, and the other turns Castle Island from evening to day.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/384

Note: this mod is compatible for both versions that were released in the English language, but not those released in other languages as the offsets are different.

Edit: Also made my own official version of the Walkable Tracks Mod for the mod manager.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/385

Awesome! I'll add them to the list right away.

11 hours ago, Xiron said:

By the way, I noticed you exampled some of my mods but they aren't actually included. You have my permission to put any of my mods you find worthy enough to be included in by default on the vanilla download.

Alright, cool. I didn't include them just in case you would consider it as "stealing."

I've included the patches because my old program used them already anyway.

I think I will replace the File Replacement Sample with your grass mod, because it's a good example. The rest I will leave in the list so others can decide for themselves if they want them or not.

5 hours ago, le717 said:

Can you explain your process for uninstalling mods? As in, how do you make sure everything is removed/restored, and what if there is a conflict and two mods alter one file? I've been trying to think that over myself and I have yet to develop an ideal solution.

Honestly, the system is pretty much held together with rubber bands and popsicle sticks. My tests worked properly, but it certainly needs improvement.

Here's the source if you want to peek at it.

"what if there is a conflict and two mods alter one file?"

The one lower on the list will overwrite the previous one. However, it should not mess up restoring the game files to default.

Ideally there should be a way to reorder list items, but I need to work on something else for a while.

Essentially it works on two conditions: if the necessary .bob file is present or not.

If a .bob file exists, it places the new files inside the _data folder. To uninstall, it is simply deleted. The .bob file still has the defaults.

See, it seems like the game first loads everything inside of the .bob files, and if an unpacked folder exists it loads that afterwards.

If a .bob file does not exist, it first checks if the file exists in the "backup" folder. If not, it assumes the file in the _data folder is the original and creates a backup of it. Then it overwrites the _data file with the mod. That way if another mod overwrites the previously installed mod, it shouldn't overwrite the backup.

To uninstall in this situation, it checks for an original in the backup folder. If it exists, it deletes the modded file, and moves the backed-up file in it's place.

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Made the bi-plane fuel fix compatible with this.

English Type 1:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/389

English Type 2:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/390

Italian (thanks @McJobless):

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/391

I haven't tested these out so let me know if any problems occur. There shouldn't be though.

• lol username pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How can I help to make this work for german version?

Inspecting the LEGO Insel.exe

I was able to find these

createExeVersion("German Version ", ?????, "LEGO Insel 2.exe", 0x529D, 7, 21, 0xA765, ???????

How do I need to look for the missing ones?

I have managed to get two other mods working with the german version and posted them in the appropriate threads.

BUT...

Can anyone help me adapt the debug mode/level selection to make it work with the german version of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried getting the windowed mode to work but the in-game cursor doesn't match up with my normal cursor? I really want to stream the game so I'd like to get windowed mode working but so far nothing has worked! I even tried dxwnd but it seems to not have the dxw file for lego island 2

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I'm someone who actually speedruns this game but has no idea about the inner workings of this game itself. I'd like to keep runngint his game I just come across a few issues that I'm curious to know what you may think, and if there's a way around them.

First off as our runs get more optimized, the game tends to crash a lot. For example: When we go through the portal into castle island, once we are through we go to peppers house and immediately exit as it will spawn as at the start and activate the cut scene. We actually use this method often but this is the only place where it crashes as you exit peppers house. Now we have found a way around this, and that's before starting a new game, we load up a finished version of the game and do the skip (It works) then when we go to do our run, it works. This is just one of many moments of crashes within the game. Some times it's random. Any thoughts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.