Makuta, Master of Shadows

Phantom Terror

Ooooooooooh...

He looks fully armoured. Which is odd, because we don't see that much in Lego sets. l405G.jpg They're all missing some piece somewhere, and why does Lego think the best place to armour is the shoulderblades...

Shield is good.... but my historical accuracy is saying "no point having a shield with a mace, mace is heavy enough as it stands." But hey, Bionicle can hardly be called historically accurate. Looks nice, but if you want a shield, go for a giant one. All or none. l405G.jpg

Why yellow? It's a bit... too bright for a Makuta.

• Like 1

• lol username featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Phantom Terror

I updated the MOC...

28670915533_f263502c7a.jpg

Flickr

My entry for the Makuta contest going on over at Rebrick. My goal for my entry was to portray Makuta as more of a king or general who commands a shadow army while circling back to the part of the story that was emphasized at the beginning of the new BIONICLE of Makuta and Ekimu being brothers and including parallels to the 2016 version of Ekimu such as a shield that utilizes the same clip system, a staffed weapon, and a similar stature.

The "gold" bits on the knees are homemade stickers to distribute gold lower on the body. To get the color close enough to LEGO's I researched the color codes that Bricklink or other websites documented as the official LEGO color, printed out a sheet of square labels in the color, applied them to the knees, and cut them to fit. Another small thing that I researched was military uniforms and different articles used to denote honors or power, which I worked in with something akin to an Aiguillette, which is a cord worn on ceremonial uniforms.

• Like 8

• Cyrem unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.