Walkable Tracks Mod

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Ever wanted to walk on the tracks without penalty? Well now you can! What I did was change the collision type of the railroad. I have two different types in here, one where you don't get picked up no matter what, and the other you get picked up if the train is around while you are on the tracks.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/382

Yes you can drive on the rails now.

Goes in \_data\z02LGI\col\ folder.

Learning notes (and a self reminder):

Wanna know how I did this? Then I'll tell you.

Starting from offset 85578 (I don't believe there is anything important beyond there and if so I didn't want to mess it up) I backwards search&replaced all instances of "23 00 00 00 09" with "23 00 00 00 01"

Why? Take a look at this image. See a pattern?

Collision_Pattern.png

Yes, the pattern is CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC 23 00 00 00 XX 00 00 00, where XX is the collision type. And that's all there is to the collisions, yep!

I tried replacing the grass with railroad to see if anything would happen. Oddly, aside from the sound change, nothing did for the most part. The only time the station master would come after me is when I was in a certain radius from the tracks.

And yes changes did happen correctly Cheat Engine references me what surface type I'm standing on. ;P

Here is the full surface type value list:

00 - Grass

01 - Road

02 - Silent Surface 1

03 - Sand

04 - Rock

05- Silent Surface 2

06 - Gravel

07 - Plastic

08 - Bridge

09 - Railroad

0A- Railroad/Road Crossing

0B and everything after is silence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.