Island Grass for Island 2

Fluffy Cupcake

WOAH this looks so much better, I've always hated the bright blinding grass texture they used. maybe there's still hope for this game (to an extent).

• Like 5

Fluffy Cupcake

I believe that is hardcoded (value for the main island being 00FFFF - or FFFF00 if reversed) and that I changed that once before. The overlay clouds and such texture for the skydome on the main island is text005 though.

Lucky for you I found one single image of me changing it on Castle Island over in LI2's photos folder. The sky color value - where it is currently purple, is normally FF9966, but here it is 462A4C.

So yeah, totally possible if you have the know-how. I should go fishing for the exact spots and then someone can make a little sky colour changing app, how's that sound? ;)

Edit: First hit, Castle Island sky is at D940A in the .exe!

Edit 2: Main Island is at 4E0D7!

Lego0007.jpg

• Like 3

lol username

Neat stuff. Personally I'd make the dirt path on LEGO Island a dark brown instead of that sandy tan, like it was in the original game, but the grass is a good improvement.

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, Terrev said:

Personally I'd make the dirt path on LEGO Island a dark brown instead of that sandy tan, like it was in the original game

How's that:

large.Lego0053.png.8bb38a733c2392a0ea55d

P.S. I finally made score leave my images, yay.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Ooo, that looks nice. Could still benefit from changing the textured pavement to a solid color like in the original game, and borrowing  the sand and rock textures from the first game, but this is still a massive improvement over the bright color palette of the second game. (Also, the actual lighting of the model looks different and darker- did you change that, too, or is it simply an illusion?)

Now, seeing as we can read and extract the models of both games, someone should try putting the model of the island from the first game into the second!

Fluffy Cupcake
2 minutes ago, ProfessorBrickkeeper said:

(Also, the actual lighting of the model looks different and darker- did you change that, too, or is it simply an illusion?)

I was messing with the lighting earlier, but I'm pretty sure I reverted that back to normal before this pic. The only thing different in this picture aside from the textures is the sky tone is a bit darker as well.

4 minutes ago, ProfessorBrickkeeper said:

Now, seeing as we can read and extract the models of both games, someone should try putting the model of the island from the first game into the second!

I would but....

Also we don't have a way to convert models to a collision model format. Aside from above, that's one of the things holding me back from really trying harder to model modify this game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.