Two Mars Mission crafts (and gingerbread)

aidenpons

I had an odd number of tracks.

Now I have an even number of tracks.

large.IMG_7282.JPG

Fortunately, the post editor allows me to shrink images - very good!

Boasting two twin lasers and one small artillery cannon, this vehicle can [rest of spouting stuff about it]

I had one spare track... and I decided to build around it in the MM colourscheme... and this came out.

large.IMG_7285.JPG

The cockpit opens and the laser tilts to a maximum of 45o.

large.IMG_7284.JPGlarge.IMG_7283.JPG

Vehicle II:

large.IMG_7286.JPG

I had white skis.

I built around them in the MM colourscheme.

I thought it looked vaguely like some small, not-very-well-armed scout, so I thought of scout-ish things while building it (which saved me the trouble of scavenging for a decent glass cockpit l405G.jpg)

Those blue 1x1 studs are supposed to be lasers, okay? l405G.jpg

large.IMG_7287.JPG

It's rather cramped in there, but he fits.

large.IMG_7288.JPG

That's the safe at the back for small crystal storage and movement.

=== A Strange Bit Of Gingerbread ===

Every year, our family makes gingerbread castles on a rainy-ish day - remember, for us in the Southern Hemisphere it's winter. I couldn't decide what to make and in a spur of either blind stupidity or great ingenuity I made the Mars Mission Defense Station.

large.IMG_7289_small3.jpg

I think the image speaks for itself there. Full of sugar. l405G.jpg That said, building with gingerbread is extremely difficult - high towers are almost impossible. Almost, and I managed to squeeze the turret into a reasonable width by using non-orthodox building conventions (which weren't SNOT l405G.jpg)

I traced the outline of the defense station and the pipe, but not the power plant. Partly because I was wondering how to build it. l405G.jpg

large.IMG_7289_small4.jpg

On the left is also our brutally deformed mining platform (see first picture - it's missing the drill).

large.IMG_7289_small1.jpg

Sugar! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.