The Sonic Thread (and Knuckles)

emily

It seems like there's a fair bit of interest in this franchise around here, so how's about we have a thread to talk about it in! Share your thoughts on the franchise as a whole, how you got into it, new games, old games, whatever. I'm not the posting police, man.

To kick us off, here's a recap of the 25th Anniversary stream, for anyone that missed it:

For me personally, Sonic is a thing that I was into for a while years ago when my parents got a used Genesis with 2 & 3 at a flea market, but I moved on pretty quickly (probably when the next wave of Bionicle hit, lol). In addition to the originals, I got Advance 2, Heroes, and rented (yes, rented) Shadow the Hedgehog before losing interest. More recently I was reminded the games existed and replayed the Genesis ones, which turned out to be quite a bit of fun. Then Mania was announced as if on cue and now I'm looking forward to that. So here I am, in this place, making this thread.

oh yeah also my brother has a copy of 06 kicking around somewhere here but I don't think I'll be playing that, lol

Fluffy Cupcake

Back in early 2000s we got Sonic Advance 3 for the GBA, a few years later Sonic Advance/Pinball combo came along.... advance 3 was better. :P

Sonic X happened, we were into that. A big gap utill the next game occured. Some time later we got a Wii, I rented Unleashed, it was an alright game. The only game I got after was Generations on PC, which I never finished.

I dunno, I kinda like everything about the games rather than playing the games themselves I suppose, as all the time in between the games I enjoyed doing and seeing/hearing things in relations with the characters/franchise, although I never did dive deep into the fandom, which apparently seems to be a good thing. The only sonic game I 100%ed was Advance 3, and that was because my game selection wasn't very high back then.

I haven't watched the video.

The only Sonic games I have are:

• Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive, Master System and Game Gear)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive and Game Gear)
  • Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (Mega Drive)
  • Sonic Jam (Saturn)
  • Sonic Heroes (XBOX)

I think I completed Sonic 2, but that was on an emulator..

I tried Sonic 3D, but I wasn't that keen. I haven't played Sonic Heroes.

Shadowblaze

I tried playing Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) last year but I found out I hate the gameplay. I'd like to try out the 3D Sonic games, if it wasn't for the bugs, lackluster mechanics, uninspired stories and general lack of polish. Whoops.

Dazzgracefulmoon

sonic mania's cool and reminds me of the two fan games (before the sequel and after the sequel) so already that makes me happy, dunno about Generations 2, though.

15 hours ago, Ringtail said:

don't

You can't tell me what to do!

I have so many games, it's unlikely I'd get around to playing it anyway...

I really liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (I only knew of the GC version) when I played it at the kiosks in Toys Я Us, probably because City Escape was the only playable level. Later on I got and played the whole game, and realized that City Escape was the only good part. Chuckles had some decent music though. I KNOW THAT IT'S HERE I SENSE IT IN MY FEET THE GREAT EMERALD'S POWER ALLOWS ME TO FEEL

Sonic 3 is good too.

• Like 2

Always has been a Sonic fan, always will be a Sonic fan, sure I haven't played them all and I will admit not all of them are good but the ones that are good are great while most of the bad ones can at least be laughed at.

I'm really looking forward to Sonic Mania and interested in what Sonic17 is gonna be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.