A Video Review of LEGO Creator and LEGOLAND

Vectrex4Life

Pretty level assessments of both games. I had always played LEGOLAND in story mode as a kid so when I went back more recently and wanted to make a park with everything in freeplay mode, I was pretty disappointed to find it limited attractions you could bring in.

I was going to say I think you may not realize what you're getting into by recommending Creator Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets just because its a sequel to Creator... but then I went back and checked and it looks like you have it. It's, uh, quite the thing, isn't it?

lol username

The limits on how much you can bring into a park in free play in LEGOLAND seem to be related to how much memory the game is ok with taking up. IIRC, things that are more heavily animated take up more of the bar. A technical thing rather than a design choice, probably. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

I've also got that Gryphon Bricks thing, though IIRC mine has a different name/box art...? Definitely different box art at the very least. It's the same game though.

Vectrex4Life
3 hours ago, Pereki said:

Pretty level assessments of both games. I had always played LEGOLAND in story mode as a kid so when I went back more recently and wanted to make a park with everything in freeplay mode, I was pretty disappointed to find it limited attractions you could bring in.

I was going to say I think you may not realize what you're getting into by recommending Creator Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets just because its a sequel to Creator... but then I went back and checked and it looks like you have it. It's, uh, quite the thing, isn't it?

Thank you! Yeah I know Creator Chamber of Secrets isn't that great, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

2 hours ago, Terrev said:

The limits on how much you can bring into a park in free play in LEGOLAND seem to be related to how much memory the game is ok with taking up. IIRC, things that are more heavily animated take up more of the bar. A technical thing rather than a design choice, probably. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

I've also got that Gryphon Bricks thing, though IIRC mine has a different name/box art...? Definitely different box art at the very least. It's the same game though.

Ahh that makes sense on LEGOLAND. That re-branding of Gryphon Bricks you have sounds pretty interesting, it'd be cool to see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.