Lego Noticed Funko Pop

emily

Ah yes, Funko Pop! A line of disconcertingly beady-eyed figures of pretty much everything that was ever popular. I don't really -get- them, but people are eating them up, so there must be something to it - and that, one can assume, is why Lego has decided to start building them out of bricks and selling them. 

Brickheadz, coming 2017 - it remains to be seen whether these 8 will remain SDCC exclusives. I can't imagine they won't have a wide release Batman, but maybe they'll do different variants.

• Like 3

According to the tweet replies, these ones will apparently be first sold at SDCC and then be released to us non-SDCC-going lowlifes in 2017. It looks like the bases have "SDCC" written next to the good ol' Lego logo, so I assume that's the "exclusive" aspect of it.

As for the idea behind this... yeah, I really don't understand this at all. I know funko pops are super-popular and all, but if I want something that looks like a Funko POP... I'll just go and buy a sodding funko POP. These are probably gonna be helluva lot more price-wise too (Funkos cost around a tenner each I believe), so... yeah, not too hyped. Gonna be interesting to see how this goes down sales-wise though.

EDIT: $40 FOR TWO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO SERIOUSLY THEY CAN F**K RIGHT OFF AT THAT PRICE DEAR LORD 

Edited by Ayliffe
$40 FOR TWO WHAT
  • Like 3

Dazzgracefulmoon

it feels like they've tried to use this concept before at stuff like LEGOLAND and what-not, and even then I don't think they were all too popular.

28 minutes ago, AaronBurner05 said:

Why does the guy with the mustache have a mouth? I thought Funko Pop figures were supposed to be mouthless.

Well, Lego is free to diverge from the formula as much as they choose, but considering the rest of them don't have mouths... yes, that's odd

Shadowblaze
31 minutes ago, AaronBurner05 said:

Why does the guy with the mustache have a mouth? I thought Funko Pop figures were supposed to be mouthless.

It looks like a goatee to me.

2 hours ago, Shadowblaze said:

It looks like a goatee to me.

Makes sense; it still looks like a mouth to me though.

@Ace: Yay, I am not the only person, who thought about Ashens in that case^^

@All: Meanwhile in a disturbing parallel universe, where you have no mouth and you must scream*:large.RR-LEGO-FUNKO-POP.png.4cde3c2b708c

*I know, that I should have made a thought bubble instead

And so Lego continues its quest to become pop-culture soup with no real identity of its own. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arthuriel said:

@All: Meanwhile in a disturbing parallel universe, where you have no mouth and you must scream*:

*I know, that I should have made a thought bubble instead

How did you get this BLock Raiders concept art?

I should've posted my initial reaction before getting distracted by a simple facial feature:

Are these builds neat? Perhaps. Is it necessary for them to be official LEGO sets? I think not.

There.

@Ringtail: By using a time machine. I came up with it on my own.

I guess, that there is only one question left (besides stuff like "Why?"): Who will win? Cube Dudes or Brickheadz?

About those Funko Pops and Brickheadz: I think, it's this blandness* and the weird proportions** that put me off... ...and the fact, that I could easily build (a LEGO) one myself, if I want to (end this madness ; ) )***.

* the feeling, that they all look the same

** Do you also remember those "half head / half rest of body" figures from Ashen's reviews etc.?

edit:
***I think, that I will create an army of soulless/generic Rock Raider Brickheadz XD. Genericness at its peak.

This madness hopefully deserves its own post here xD (since I couldn't see a post in the recent replies section of the forum):
large.rr-brickheadz-army-big-2.jpg.41e7a

Quisoves Potoo
18 minutes ago, Pereki said:

-snip-

i'm the hero rru deserves

I know I'll be hanged, drawn, quartered, and fed to slimy slugs for this, but it must be said: "D'awwwwwwwwwwww!"

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.