How do you change the menu around?

Ephemeralic

Ephemeralic
3 minutes ago, Xiron said:

You need to make sure the background colour is the same as the original, and you need to save the file with INDEXed colours, meaning image converter programs won't do. I'm not really sure what programs are capable of this, unfortunately.

I really appreciate the help. I'll figure it out, thank you. And do you know if I could change the font color?

Fluffy Cupcake

Seems Paint.NET seems to work fine for automatically saving index colours. Maybe Gimp does too.

I would of gussed font colours are defined in /MenuData/LanguageName/GFONTS.FDB, but I just took a look and all I see are the definitions of what colour is transparency and a few other non-important bits. So either they are in another file right in /MenuData/ or they are hardcoded. (Use LR1BinaryEditor to check files)

Ephemeralic
1 minute ago, Xiron said:

Seems Paint.NET seems to work fine for automatically saving index colours. Maybe Gimp does too.

I would say font colours are defined in /MenuData/LanguageName/GFONTS.FDB, but I just took a look and all I see are the definitions of what colour is transparency and a few other non-important bits. So either they are in another file or they are hardcoded.

Okay. So if I use Paint.NET I could possibly replace the Lego Racers logo with something different while being transparent?

Ephemeralic
On 7/10/2016 at 4:41 PM, Xiron said:

Yes.

Okay. Thank you.

"Cannot save indexed image with transparency in BMP file format." ---Error message from Gimp.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well that's because you have alpha on the image. Right click on the layer and press "Remove Alpha Channel" and the error should go away.

If you want to have the Racers logo to have alpha, make the background black aka "000000" in hex. This colour varies per image. Taking a colour sample off the original image should tell you what the colour needed for transparency is though.

Ephemeralic
11 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Well that's because you have alpha on the image. Right click on the layer and press "Remove Alpha Channel" and the error should go away.

If you want to have the Racers logo to have alpha, make the background black aka "000000" in hex. This colour varies per image. Taking a colour sample off the original image should tell you what the colour needed for transparency is though.

So, the game picks a color to make transparent, and that color is black? Or am I getting the wrong idea?

Fluffy Cupcake

The transparency color the image needs are determined in other non-image files, it isn't hardcoded. But otherwise yes that is essentially correct.

Ephemeralic
8 minutes ago, Xiron said:

The transparency color the image needs are determined in other non-image files, it isn't hardcoded. But otherwise yes that is essentially correct.

Okay. So, if I make my logo's background black, Lego Racers will convert the black to an alpha channel. Is this correct?

Ephemeralic
32 minutes ago, Xiron said:

That is 100% correct!

Great! Here goes nothing..

Hmm... My Lego Racers was working perfectly fine until I put my custom logo into there. Now whenever I get past the little intro, the game force quits and provides a message saying "Lego Racers has stopped working." Was this just an issue with my logo or was my LEGO.JAM not compiled right?

Fluffy Cupcake

To be honest, I'm not really sure about that one. It could be either.

Do you know if you are running the 1999 or 2001 version of the game? With either you can avoid recompiling and run Jamless (per se), it's just the 2001 has a bit more to it.

Ephemeralic
1 hour ago, Xiron said:

To be honest, I'm not really sure about that one. It could be either.

Do you know if you are running the 1999 or 2001 version of the game? With either you can avoid recompiling and run Jamless (per se), it's just the 2001 has a bit more to it.

Ephemeralic
11 hours ago, Xiron said:

Okay. All you need is this fake jam and then you can play with extracted files, removing all potential compiling errors.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/349

Okay. So now I just put my LEGO folder into my Lego Racers directory and I'm all set?

---------------------------
Fatal Error
I/O error occurred
file GImages.idb
File not found

Ephemeralic
5 hours ago, Xiron said:

Take them out of the LEGO folder and put the Menudata and Gamedata folders directly into the Racers folder.

Thanks, but now I get this.

Fatal Error
Unsupported color depth encountered

20 hours ago, LegoRacersFanForever said:

Thanks, but now I get this.

Fatal Error
Unsupported color depth encountered

isn't this related to the colors used? like, does Lego Racers use a specific color palette?

Fluffy Cupcake

I googled your error, and got this post: 

From what I get from that I think the bit type of your custom bitmap might be the problem.

Ephemeralic
8 hours ago, Xiron said:

I googled your error, and got this post: 

From what I get from that I think the bit type of your custom bitmap might be the problem.

Hmm.. how would I change the bit type?

• 2 weeks later...
Ephemeralic
On 7/19/2016 at 3:07 PM, Xiron said:

On image editors (except MSPaint) there usually is an option when saving/exporting.

Okay. I'll try that.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.