Lego Island Walkthrough...Classic PC Edition!

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Well, it's been quite a while since I've been active here, hasn't it? I actually do hate to be a bit of a self-promoter on my first post here in forever (I may try being active again if it's any consolation), but some of you probably know I did a small handful of Lego game walkthroughs on my channel, primarily my alt Humongous Fan Soundtracks. More recently I've been able to record footage off old computers rather than having to emulate them, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to capture Lego Island off an era-appropriate computer. I never had the latest and greatest until about 2005, where before then I was stuck with an old Pentium II that ran Windows 2000. However, this also worked in my favor, as I got to play Lego Island closer to how it was intended to play; see, the game has a lot of issues when played on modern computers, including but not limited to the incredibly sensitive turning controls, animations that are too fast (the shelf switches are the worst offenders), a nearly unplayable helicopter chase, and many others. Because a lot of these issues lead to confusion on many of the game's "problems", I thought I'd at least try to remedy that by making this video.

It's a full walkthrough of Lego Island, played on the exact computer I used to play it on! Obviously not everyone is going to like the low frame rate (you spoiled kids...), but it's there to give a bit more accuracy to how the game originally played and clear up confusion on some of the issues people complain about. Why they never bothered patching the game in the 2001 and 2002 releases is honestly beyond me, but whatever. Enjoy! And if you want, here's my other walkthrough that I made a few years back as well more akin to how most of you are familiar with the game.

Mr. Skeltal

Hey, thanks for posting this. I was going to post it for you, but I am not 100% sure on how to do embedded video's on here. Now it make's me wonder if the game can play decently when I take out my voodoo 2, and only use my ATI Mach 64 VT pci card. Has 2MB of vram, so maybe similar results?

Edited by Terrev
No need to quote the entire post
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.