LEGO MOTO (Stunt Rally) Executive Summary

ChangedUsername123

Nice. Gotta say I feel a little weird looking at it when it has a "confidential" label dated to today, though! I'll trust you know what's OK to post.

Sid Vacant looks like he went through a green phase between Loco and Stunt Rally.

lol username
1 hour ago, Pereki said:

dated to today

It always automatically displays the current day. This doc is from December 16th, 1998, as said at the beginning of it and as you can see by the metadata.

0bJ0ilg.png

Anyway, most of the images in this doc were already posted by a dev here, but there's some new info.

• Networked/online multiplayer was planned, with up to four players on an IPX or TCP/IP LAN network. In a simple multiplayer lobby, players would have been able to review potential races, prepare their cars, and issue challenges, taunts, and chat. Custom tracks could be shared via the internet as well.
  • Game modes besides racing were planned - goal posts and a ball were to allow for football/soccer-esque gameplay (like in this set) and timed gates were to allow for time trial challenges
  • There were six world themes instead of four, and you were to be able to combine them
  • There were going to be different modes, starting with assisted/auto steering, and ending with a free driving mode as players advanced in skill
  • The camera was planned to move in closer to cars during dramatic moments, such as collisions, and the starts/ends of races
  • Only PC was planned at the time, but future portability was considered possible
  • Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, Terrev said:

goal posts and a ball were to allow for football/soccer-esque gameplay

So like LEGO Rocket League? :af:

• 2 weeks later...
TheBillionTonBrick

The game they're describing in that document sounds a little more ambitious than the final product.

Pranciblad

Yeah, that's the way it usually goes. After all, when have you ever heard of a final product that's more ambitious than the initial conce...

Spoiler

MNOG.png

You know what, never mind.

• 2 weeks later...
TheBillionTonBrick

I recently messaged k-g about the beta versions of Stunt Rally, and here's what he had to say:

Hi,  

I don't have any older versions of the game, and if they do exist "out in the wild", I doubt they would still work. I recall the programmers putting in a timelock of about 2 months on non-final builds of the game. Meaning that if anyone tried to run the work-in-progress build game 2 months after it was created, it wouldn't run. 

Sorry I can't help you out.

cheers

This is slightly disappointing, but I'm rather curious about the "timelock" that was put into earlier builds of SR.

TheBillionTonBrick

That might work, but someone would actually need to own one of those SR beta disks to do so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.