(temporary) Gaming server

RobExplorien

RobExplorien

Hey there,

le717 still had this offer about some server space he would like to use up before it expires. Since people always seemed to enjoy Minecraft UHC in the past we figured this might be an interesting thing to do again. This idea can be executed, providing we have atleast a fair bunch of people joining in on this (4+). So that's really the position we are in now, inventarizing which members are in. Go ahead and post your interest, or perhaps you have an even better gaming idea you would want to share.

MUCINEXSWEEP

Hmm, it sounds like a good idea.

But anyway, I'll like to join the UHC, so here's my IGN AKA Minecraft name:  TheSerwithedOne.

I really hope this is going to be something.

Rob refers to my blog post here. I have promo credits on Digital Ocean set to expire in a few months, and I wanted to make use of them in some form. Since I had no activity on my post, I figured I'd offer hosting a round of UHC. I can get a server with 2 GB RAM, a dual-core processor, and a 40 GB SSD (more than you'll probably need) no problem.

However, I'm obviously not going to do it if nobody is interested. If I set up the server this Saturday and power it off until next Saturday, I still get charged for the server. I don't mind doing that, but if nobody is going to play, then I just wasted my credits (and I will note my personal website is paid for by these same credits).

So if you want to play UHC, please say so ASAP so someone can set a date and time for the game and I can schedule when to prepare the server. :)

The Ace Railgun

I'd be game for playing UHC stuff, and if we can set it up, maybe some Gmod prophunt, and Distance races/events, though I don't know if you need a server for Distance.

I would recommend you don't make the server last a week.

If you opened up on the first day, you would get a lot of people (who are interested) entering and playing, but over the rest of a week, some players will leave, and those who end up playing without anyone would leave too.

(Or maybe I'm being dumb, bringing this "issue" up)

I suggest we make the server last roughly two or three days (if at all possible). This would mean we'd still be able to play for a decent bit of time and the server would end before becoming a ghost town.

Fluffy Cupcake
3 hours ago, The Ace Railgun said:

maybe some Gmod prophunt,

UHC, meh. Prophunt on the other hand raises a bit of interest to me, I've tried a one on one for that before, but I've never done a group play, and it is something I'd like to try.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.