Rock Raiders Driller Nights Miniature [+ a new one: Frozen Frenzy]

Arthuriel

Originally I wanted to check, if I could improve my 1:16 L.M.S. Explorer MOC, but then I decided to make a micro version of the first level from LEGO Rock Raiders (the pc version).

large.57509273a1ad4_RockRaidersDrillerNi

Here is the second miniature: Frozen Frenzy. I had to make some compromises (placement of the rock types etc.), but I think, that it turned out okay.

Thank you, sheepandshepherd, for making GeoTool:

large.Frozen-Frenzy-Miniature.png.c24530

• Cyrem featured this topic

Tool store? Cyan? Interesting choice...

Would have been more colourful if you could get the blue speckles on undrilled walls - it seems a little sparse as it stands, plain black.

Overall it's quite pretty.

Thanks. I actually thought about giving some rock walls a different color, although I wonder, if it would make that much of a difference.

I can try to make some changes and hope, that it will look better.

P.S.: Well, there aren't that many brick&colour choices to build a tool store consisting out of one or two bricks^^

• Like 1

Very nice!

You could also try representing some sort of vehicle with the Lego Minifigues RollerSkate Accessory!

11253.jpg

Might be a little too large though.

• Like 1

A teal version could be used as a Chrome Crusher Power Drill. I am not sure, if there would other uses for it on that scale though.

Fun fact: the 1:16 L.M.S. Explorer is in scale to this miniature (at least pretty close to it).

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't expect, that a spontaneous MOC would get that much reaction^^.

Maybe I could do a 2nd one while avoiding to run this theme into the ground (a.k.a. making miniatures for every existing RR map including obscure ones).

How about Frozen Frenzy?

Fluffy Cupcake

FROZEN FRENZY.

(In chief voice)

I'm sure people don't really care which one you do so long as you do another.

I uploaded a new miniature. Due to some problem during the upload (I had another upload menu after the first one) there are now two picures of the new MOC in my gallery. I used the 2nd version, which means, that the first one can be deleted.

lol username

Funny how places tend look smaller once you can see all of them at once. Frozen Frenzy felt massive and labyrinthian as a kid, lol.

origamihero

I think it would've been better if it had light blue walls instead of pink walls but other than that good job.

Fluffy Cupcake

Do you plan on doing a lava themed one next?

I'm not entirely sure what I think about pink walls either. Their kinda-pink-purple-whitish by default right? I think purple might match the blue scheme better.

Yeah, those MOCs make everything look so small^^.

About the pink walls: I wasn't sure either, which colour I should have taken. Purple probably looks a bit too dark and blue would look... ...well: too blue ^^

I can put different colours into one file and render it to check, which solution is the best one though.

Actually I have been thinking about a lava themed map for the 3rd MOC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.