Worst Lego sets ever

origamihero

3 hours ago, Ben24x7 said:

Wait...

...what the--?

3M4LIFQ.jpg

HOW IS THAT A POLICE CAR?

Hell, the other vehicle in the set actually LOOKS LIKE a van.

In both the US and Germany, many police forces have access to armored personnel carriers.

4468550912_6bde60115e.jpg

Shout out to all the parts tubs Lego sold in the mid 2000s because they overproduced Bionicle sets and needed to clear out parts. I accidentally got this one and it's basically a bajillion bohrok arms and Onua Nuva masks with only 7 or so axles that can be used to connect the other included pieces. No pins. So if you were buying a big bin of lego with the intent to build something using it, well, I've got some bad news for you

• Like 3

The Ace Railgun
1 hour ago, Pereki said:

Shout out to all the parts tubs Lego sold in the mid 2000s because they overproduced Bionicle sets and needed to clear out parts. I accidentally got this one and it's basically a bajillion bohrok arms and Onua Nuva masks with only 7 or so axles that can be used to connect the other included pieces. No pins. So if you were buying a big bin of lego with the intent to build something using it, well, I've got some bad news for you

I got that one too, but I got 2 kanohi Vahi, and was able to build 2 Bohrok and 3 vaki out of the pieces from it.

12 minutes ago, The Ace Railgun said:

I got that one too, but I got 2 kanohi Vahi, and was able to build 2 Bohrok and 3 vaki out of the pieces from it.

You sure it's the same one, and not another one like this? I mean, I know there was a random element to some of these tubs but if that's the case I really lucked out.

The Ace Railgun
6 minutes ago, Pereki said:

You sure it's the same one, and not another one like this? I mean, I know there was a random element to some of these tubs but if that's the case I really lucked out.

I'm pretty sure It's the 702 parts one, though I could be wrong, I don't have the canister near by to check.

Edit: I just realized I also have the Disk of time, so yeah it's the 400 one. I had forgotten that the disk came with that canister. I also didn't realize there were two different tubs.

Starrocks923
30 minutes ago, AaronBurner05 said:

19eo12zgb7x1fjpg.jpg

Ah, come on, I own that set!-.-

...Or I think I do? I own several Jack Stone sets at least. I know they look rather ugly nowadays, but those  Black Support 2 x 2 x 8 with Grooves and Top Peg, Lattice on 2 Sides were always fun to build with. I'd create pretty massive towers with those  Dark Gray Brick, Modified 12 x 12 Bases.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WyGXHDyZin8/TgUFkrRdfqI/AAAAAAAAAII/FfsS2AFt5xg/s1600/6026-1.jpg

Nevermind what I said about the KK2 figures; THIS is the most embarrassing Castle set. Period.

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/07000/7920/main.jpg

I feel ashamed that I once owned two of these guys. Nothing unusual for a cheap McDonald's toy, but it's a miserable LEGO product.

65182-1.1125933955.jpg

More hockey figures. Honestly, I have no clue how this crap even got approved by LEGO. Who thought that this was a good idea?!?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lJ4FLiQlL._SX355_.jpg

Is this a Galidor bootleg? :P

45 minutes ago, chromecrusher said:

...it definitely does not deserve a $2,000 price tag.  Its not even made of real gold.

I'm surprised that the LEGO Company decided to make him rare. Literally all he is, is a mini figure with a top hat all in Yellow-Tan(ish) Chrome [Not the official colour's name].

The only reason I can see people buying a Mr. Gold minifig is either for keeping in their LEGO Collection or for the rare parts, but if it's the latter then the price tag set by people selling him is absolutely ridiculous, it'd be like trying to buy a mint-condition Emerald Night from Amazon (with a price tag of somewhere around £300-350) just for the mini figures that come with it, except more than six times as expensive.

MUCINEXSWEEP
11 hours ago, AaronBurner05 said:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WyGXHDyZin8/TgUFkrRdfqI/AAAAAAAAAII/FfsS2AFt5xg/s1600/6026-1.jpg

Nevermind what I said about the KK2 figures; THIS is the most embarrassing Castle set. Period.

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/07000/7920/main.jpg

I feel ashamed that I once owned two of these guys. Nothing unusual for a cheap McDonald's toy, but it's a miserable LEGO product.

65182-1.1125933955.jpg

More hockey figures. Honestly, I have no clue how this crap even got approved by LEGO. Who thought that this was a good idea?!?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lJ4FLiQlL._SX355_.jpg

Is this a Galidor bootleg? :P

Outside of the football subtheme in sports, I didn't like sports that well. And Aaron, yes it is a Galidor bootleg. Just look at it, its not Nick from Galidor... :P

re: the hockey guys, I love them because they are sports bionicles and also it occurred to me recently that their faces are actually perfect for making Voodoo Heads characters.

• Like 2

TheDiplomat

Also re: Aaron's post, some of those don't actually look so bad. I'd love to have a small set nowadays where you could get a chrome crown/sword, a horse, a decent enemy, and even some fairly-useful bricks for a castle wall. I mean, yes, it's embarrassing in terms of design, but it'd be a nice parts pack.

As for the hockey guys, I never owned the ones you displayed, but I pick up 3557-3559 at a clearance, and they were honestly pretty fun. :P LEGO Hockey wasn't all bad.

• Like 3

Pranciblad

2 hours ago, TheDiplomat said:

some of those don't actually look so bad.

Yeah, that's my main issue with the thread. Most of the things in here are a real stretch because Lego hasn't had that many objectively bad products over the years. It's fine to have sets or lines you dislike, I have no objections to that. But to hold them up as "the worst ever" seems silly to me.

The Ace Railgun

I agree with Pranciblad, it'd 

make more sense to have the thread be titled Least Favorite Lego sets or something similar.

To me the whole point of the topic was a joke & to have a laugh - or at least that's what I thought - so name changes don't matter much.

But I do agree, but I don't necessarily think it's worth changing.

Pranciblad

Yeah, I know the thread is meant in jest, but it rubs me the wrong way when so much of it is people refuting what other people name because they liked those sets for whatever reason, or people pointing out that sets that were five bucks at most didn't have that many parts therefore they were bad.

But yeah, this debate has chewed up enough of the thread already, I'll leave it be now.

This will be my last post since the topic doesn't seem to be working out.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/a/ad/4071.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100831143113
Who wants cola?

• Like 2

TheDiplomat
52 minutes ago, AaronBurner05 said:

This will be my last post since the topic doesn't seem to be working out.

I know I might have contributed by defending that castle set and LEGO Hockey, but I wouldn't say the topic isn't working out. It's cool to learn about sets like that lone red brick, or even that lazy castle set; it's just also interesting to hear if people found something good in them anyway. Take Pereki's voodoo head comment: it's a creative way to look at a generally-bad set that might not have been mentioned otherwise, and it also doesn't mean the Hockey sets can't be mocked regardless. I think if everyone just goes in with that mindframe, it can still be a fun topic.

Jimjohnny.jpg

Also, how has nobody posted any of those BIONICLE promos yet?

6934-2.jpg

• Like 2

I found a photo of those babies in the wild (this one I think) and took solace in assuming that they were probably just missing their clothes because the collector who took the picture didn't have them.

So thanks for shattering my only line of defense

• Like 4

Pranciblad

Apologies for being so negative about people being negative! My last post was meant to say that I wanted the thread to continue not to end. I just noticed peolpe were casting an awfully wide net in terms of "worst set ever." While we're on the topic of pre-brick blunders, I wish i could find pictures of the Lego toy pistol again, but any attempts to search for it just give me gun MOCs instead. Can anyone help me out here?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2016 at 7:44 AM, TheDiplomat said:

Also, how has nobody posted any of those BIONICLE promos yet?

6934-2.jpg

The name of that is terrible... It is simply "Good Guy."

There's also, as you may expect, "Bad Guy."

latest?cb=20111027092802

owowowowowowowowow

latest?cb=20100921160625

what was this even for

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.