Your Bricks Are Toast

ChangedUsername123

Dazzgracefulmoon

nice! I always thought this song sounded like something out of a really bad attempt at a LEGO tony hawk game.

Wow, the difference is like night and day... except that it's always a perfect, sunny day on the island. Good work.

lol username

Awwww yeah, high quality gargling.

Also, side note - here's another song by Decal, it's pretty catchy:

Noghiri tracked down a physical copy of the album that's from a while back too.

• lol username featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...
TheLEGOSheldonCooper
On May 2, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Xiron said:

Good quality, yay!

I can't wait for the day we get high quality of the rest.

I can't wait either.  I want to hear the LEGO Island version of "Lucky You" in Stereo like this recording is.  

However, we probably won't hear the true HQ versions of Lorin Nelson's work - he mentioned in the comments section on a YouTube video of one of the songs that the master tapes (8tracks) were on his boathouse (at the time) that unfortunately found its true home in the Pacific Ocean... off of the coast of Sausalito, California.   

Heartbreaking... "Park Theme" will never be heard in its true HQ form.  Well, any of his work unfortunately.  Unless some of it (whether it be Mono or Stereo - excluding the alternate Jail Theme at 22kHz) is still buried in the .SI files that haven't been unpackaged yet, we will never know.

In a way, we are lucky that this was even found.   A great find indeed :)

Fluffy Cupcake
13 minutes ago, TheLEGOSheldonCooper said:

the master tapes (8tracks) were on his boathouse (at the time) that unfortunately found its true home in the Pacific Ocean... off of the coast of Sausalito, California.   

Who wants to go on a deep dive treasure hunt? :af:

Fluffy Cupcake
7 minutes ago, mumboking said:

I'm not sure what salt water would do to magnetic tape. :|

Make it salty, naturally. Don't worry if you can't handle the salty overdose, we'll just stick it in some non-salty water along with some potato peels to help rid of the salt.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.