Technic 42056: the New Supercar

emily

Brickset has the scoop on the all-new "big technic car" model, the first of its kind since 2011: 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Check out their article to be inundated with design features and a full interview with the creators. It's a pretty fantastically detailed model, but of course that comes at a price: $300, to be exact. So, uh, enjoy looking at pictures of it, I guess!

Designer video? Sure, why not:

As for my opinion on the set, it's certainly a very nice model that's accurate to the original, but I'm not a technic collector so it's not really something I'd buy tbh. It's also £249.99 so yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me, although if I had piles of cash lying around I'd prefer to spend it on this than that awful Hoth set at £230.

elrunethe2nd
4 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Designer video? Sure, why not:

-snip-

As for my opinion on the set, it's certainly a very nice model that's accurate to the original, but I'm not a technic collector so it's not really something I'd buy tbh. It's also £249.99 so yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me, although if I had piles of cash lying around I'd prefer to spend it on this than that awful Hoth set at £230.

Eurgh. My god, why?

That price point, those custom contoured pieces, the car, that everything. I know Porsche is extremely selective with their licensing, but still..

What kids have a GT3 on a poster on their wall? What's cool about it? What's sexy about it? Are you going to get $300 worth of playability out of that model? 

And where was LEGO for the Lamborghini Diablo, the Mclaren F1, the Lamborghini Countach? 

Where's the LEGO Challenger Hellcat? At least you won't need custom pieces for that; all straight lines.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.